Buckethead

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by CriedWhenBrucieLeft, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

Foro, why is it that I infuriate you with everything I do? Let me listen to everything and rate everything the wrong way if it makes me happier in this fucking world.

2. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Version 4.1

[​IMG] No. Fighting. In. Bucky. Thread.

Mosh likes this.
  3. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I have two Buckethead playlists. One contains all of his work while another is just my favorites. Going between these two playlists on shuffle is one of my preferred ways of listening to Buckethead, since his catalog is so big and sometimes I want an amount of variety that the albums by themselves don’t always offer.

Anyway, I guess I’m somewhere between Foro and Cried on this. Sometimes I will hear something that I didn’t consider a favorite at first and I’ve now changed my mind on thanks to hearing it outside the album context. That happens with a lot of bands.

There are definitely albums that get a bit samey but each track on its own is fine. That being said, on a rating scale I don’t think it makes more than one point worth of difference. If every song on the album is good then it’s still a good album. It just loses points due to a lack of variety/coherency/etc. So I also agree with Foro that calling an album shit because the songs don’t work together seems like an exaggeration if they’re all good songs.

Either way, these types of ratings are all pretty arbitrary and not worth getting worked up over, so let’s play nice.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft and Forostar like this.
  4. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Some Buckethead stuff just feels un-rateable.

5. Mosh

Yes. Which is why I stopped trying to rate his work when I got to the Pikes.

6. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

First I wanted to speak out what infuriates me here. But you know what, that will not be taken lightly. And it could hurt.

So, have fun out here. This is not for me. Bye bye Buckethead (thread).

7. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

What, for good?! o_O

Jesus, there's only like four of us posting here; we can't really afford for you not to be here, even if just to poke you head in now & again...

[​IMG]

8. Perun

Perun Cheesemäster Staff Member

What just happened here?

9. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

This + Diesel happened.

10. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Well, yeah. And I was also irritated by Diesel's reasoning/explaining versus what he actually did. So I criticized that as well. Before I wanted to explain myself even further (involving lots of criticism in stronger terms) the sudden alternative popped up:

Why? Why on earth should I keep exposing myself to all this. Perhaps I could manage if I would not take some stuff very seriously, without getting annoyed by it. But people are actually serious out here. And I am serious as well. So, instead of reading all this energy draining Andromeda logic, it might be better to distance myself from it instead.

11. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

And moving on...

[​IMG]

12. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Travis was asked over at TDRS if this is newly recorded material & replied:
    How does that sound? :yes:
    @Mosh
    @Forostar
    @Diesel 11

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  13. Mosh

That sounds awesome. More interesting than anything else Buckethead has done lately. Might check the vinyl.

14. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Sounds like Travis may put it up on his Bandcamp page. Which makes me think, if the DL sells well, that Viggo might allow his back-catalogue to go up there too; all the Buckethead collaborations! Now that would be cool. I'll wait for the digital version to go up in any case as I don't have a record player.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  15. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

Exciting but I need to finish his other albums first. :D