Bruce Dickinson

252910997_4727875017273949_7380969101636135131_n.jpg

Great stuff! Roger Glover is really fit, who's the drummer? Bruce messed up big time a few times but was awesome as well. Who did the arrangements?

I don‘t think Freude schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium would fit — although why not? (-: ACTUALLY, as Beethoven‘s lyrics, Maiden‘s lyrics deal with transcendental stuff quite often.
Hey Bruce, did you get the idea to perform "Freude schöner Götterfunken" from me? I remain the right to steal an idea from you now!!1(--:

Titanium hip works perfectly on the 19th century man :D
Roger Glover looks like if he was 40.
The keyboard player is John O'Hara (He is Orchestral conductor, piano, keyboards and accordion for Jethro Tull)
Thanks for sharing the videos @Austrogoth. Excellent quality!

He does sound good ... he sings the Purple songs quite nicely

Good singing by Bilbo indeed. A bit strained at times, but very good nonetheless.

That being said, one would have hoped that a Purple Mark II fan would know the lyrics to those songs by heart!

Jesus christ...

I think the last bit of hope for a solo album is gone now. I don't even dare to think about live dates.
Tyranny of souls was written and recorded by Roy Z and the other musicians while Bruce was out touring with Maiden, and Bruce flew in to record the vocals for two weeks straight after the tour. He may very well do it again. Probably most, if not the whole record is already written.

Or he will pick it up after Maiden has retired.And I don’t think there will be more live dates from his solo band other than a festival summer in Europe or something that guarantees they break even. Touring with five people in a band and a crew cost alot more than touring alone with an assistant and technician on a book tour.

Tyranny of souls was written and recorded by Roy Z and the other musicians while Bruce was out touring with Maiden, and Bruce flew in to record the vocals for two weeks straight after the tour. He may very well do it again. Probably most, if not the whole record is already written.
Agree. About Bruce solo tours, I think there is a chance... most likely only after the retirement of Maiden.

He sounds better here, recorded just with phones, than with Maiden full production. Perhaps it‘s time for him to leave again... and record an album with Roger Glover.

Agree. About Bruce solo tours, I think there is a chance... most likely only after the retirement of Maiden.

Bruce solo tours about what?
AoB/TCW while him and Smith are above 70 y.o. and Roy near that, that's not going to work.

Guy made those albums when he was on low point and nearing the peak of his powers (early 40s) - they're a very heavy metal statement.

Nowadays he's an established rock royalty, a millionaire, and the rest of it. Even if you put aside the physical power needed to play average AoB/TCW song, mental drive is also missing. The reason why that band came to be, is long gone. Dickinson proved a point. That all happened 25 years ago.

Do I care if he takes out Z and a bunch of assorted musicians in a few years time to play less demanding songs and some other career deep cuts? Sure. Is it what we wanted him to do all these years. No.

Just like do I care if Maiden puts Caught Somewhere in Time on 2023 setlist? Not exactly. The prime time for that is over.

Bruce solo tours about what?
AoB/TCW while him and Smith are above 70 y.o. and Roy near that, that's not going to work.

Guy made those albums when he was on low point and nearing the peak of his powers (early 40s) - they're a very heavy metal statement.

Nowadays he's an established rock royalty, a millionaire, and the rest of it. Even if you put aside the physical power needed to play average AoB/TCW song, mental drive is also missing. The reason why that band came to be, is long gone. Dickinson proved a point. That all happened 25 years ago.

Do I care if he takes out Z and a bunch of assorted musicians in a few years time to play less demanding songs and some other career deep cuts? Sure. Is it what we wanted him to do all these years. No.
Yeah... maybe a solo tour (after the retirement of Maiden) to wrap up his solo career. He can release the album then too (or before that, but without a tour). Making solo albums without touring for them is something that Bruce is not a fan of, I think.

Yeah... maybe a solo tour (after the retirement of Maiden) to wrap up his solo career. He can release the album then too (or before that, but without a tour). Making solo albums without touring for them is something that Bruce is not a fan of, I think.

Bruce would probably do a solo tour, but it would probably be a one man solo tour talking about himself.

@Zare is right when he says that the drive to do solo music is no longer there. A shame, but it is what it is.

Back