Bruce Dickinson

It is his personal life, which I don't really care about or at the very least, shouldn't. At the same time though, Bruce, while acknowledged by fans to be a bit arrogant, enjoys a rock god type of worship and admiration from fans and to an extent media as well. The persona Bruce, not just the singer Bruce. In that context it becomes important to remember famous musicians are like the rest of us - Flawed human beings.

It is his personal life, which I don't really care about or at the very least, shouldn't. At the same time though, Bruce, while acknowledged by fans to be a bit arrogant, enjoys a rock god type of worship and admiration from fans and to an extent media as well. The persona Bruce, not just the singer Bruce. In that context it becomes important to remember famous musicians are like the rest of us - Flawed human beings.

Exactly. Some are very flawed human beings.

The story in The Sun does not make for a nice read if you admire Bruce, although I am surprised it took them so long to publish it.

Sad to see any Maiden member in the press for something that is not music-related.

Last edited:
We should also remember that such stories can be very complicated. We read one side of the conflict and make an immediate assessment of the situation because she is his daughter. However, I know from experience that in such matters there can be a lot of things "under the carpet" that she does not know or has kept quiet about. It is a waste of time for such rumors, it is his life, and if he did so, he probably has a reason. Logical or not, that's his business.

I don't like how the press is always throwing shit about Bruce, but it's that kind of dirty press.
I heard about her and the story a couple of years ago. If her version is true I don't understand the Bruce's behavior about her. but It's family business.

Last edited:
IDK. It doesn’t matter to me, but it sucks for her and I understand how shitty it must all feel. I’d discuss my own theory but I’ve heard it said not to speak ill of the dead, so I shall let that sit.

I don't want to be one of those people that blames the victims, but the one part of that article that sounds weird to me is, why would she have any idea what was in Patty's will?

I don't want to be one of those people that blames the victims, but the one part of that article that sounds weird to me is, why would she have any idea what was in Patty's will?

That is a really good question. I would not be surprised if the tabloid had got hold of the will!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Forum Rules said:
Please refrain from discussion of band member's private life & intimate details, unless it relates to the music or official press releases.

Which is not to say that this topic cannot be talked about, but it is to say that in depth speculation without evidence should be avoided. Especially given that the source is a tabloid rag which, while likely accurate, should not be given too much attention.

That part sounded odd to me too, mostly the fact Paddy had expressly written in her will about Bruce's daughter/grandkids. No idea how she might've found out what was in the will, but I suppose it's possible Paddy may have put that in plain terms so there could be no legal argument as to which children would inherit in the case of her death.

I can imagine having her around would be a constant reminder of what he did and would be poison to the health of their marriage. But I agree, whatever reasons Bruce and Paddy had for cutting her out of their lives were theirs.

That part sounded odd to me too, mostly the fact Paddy had expressly written in her will about Bruce's daughter/grandkids. No idea how she might've found out what was in the will, but I suppose it's possible Paddy may have put that in plain terms so there could be no legal argument as to which children would inherit in the case of her death.

I can imagine having her around would be a constant reminder of what he did and would be poison to the health of their marriage. But I agree, whatever reasons Bruce and Paddy had for cutting her out of their lives were theirs.
It looks like Brittany Potts was born in '87 and Bruce started dating Paddy in '88 (he divorced Jane in '87).

Back