Bruce Dickinson

I can see a Spice Girls thing in the background. How 90s! :lol:

LOL, it's the only album I recognise in the background apart from the AOB album and single. I think album with the face with red writing going across it is familiar though maybe radiohead??

Really fuckin sick of this lockdown now, trying to identify albums in the back of a bruce picture WTF

Interesting that the photo is from Burton. When I was at Bloodstock Festival (not far from Burton) a couple of years ago I found this when looking through the stall which sells CDs/vinyls etc.:

View attachment 12001

View attachment 12002

I did not buy it. Who the hell owns a cassette player now anyway?

I have a decent teac cassette player that I bought on the buy and sell a few years ago for 40 quid. I reckon it probably cost hundreds back in the days cassettes were around. Listened to Powerslave on it once and then remembered cassettes sound shit:lol:

I was wondering who else likes the Skunkworks album? It's often overlooked and overshadowed by his "return to metal" albums Accident Of Birth and The Chemical Wedding but I think the alternative sound of Skunkworks fit Bruce's voice of that period very well. Especially in songs like Inside The Machine or The Smashing Pumpkins-sounding Octavia.

Skunkworks definitely has its fans here. For me it's his worst album overall, but it does have some of his best songs.

I was wondering who else likes the Skunkworks album? It's often overlooked and overshadowed by his "return to metal" albums Accident Of Birth and The Chemical Wedding but I think the alternative sound of Skunkworks fit Bruce's voice of that period very well. Especially in songs like Inside The Machine or The Smashing Pumpkins-sounding Octavia.

I like Skunkworks very much. I also like guitar work Dickson did with him, the band is great and I love their Alive performances and their takes on the Tattooed Millionaire tracks.

I enjoy it, but probably not as much as most here. It's an alright alt rock styled album, although it took me until last year to get into it. I do feel that despite Bruce's obvious enthusiasm for the style of music Skunkworks represents and the whole scene (see him praising Chris Cornell as one of the best vocalists in 1999), it all felt a bit odd to me. Like it was Bruce doing something because it was cool at the time rather than as a natural progression for his career.

He kind of looked like a wanker on stage when they were touring behind that album, too.

I haven't listened to it, but I am intrigued. The live version of The Prisoner from the tour was kickass though, with a vocal delivery reminiscent of Beast over Hammersmith.

Confirmed, Di’anno the Manno should cover the entire Skunkworks album, and there won’t be a dry snatch left in the match, ya broke blokes.

I like it a lot. Actually, in terms of consistency, it is my favourite solo Bruce album, along with The Chemical Wedding. By the way, this is a pretty active SW group on Facebook, run by Chris Dale himself: https://www.facebook.com/groups/475767549944358/

He kind of looked like a wanker on stage when they were touring behind that album, too.
If that's what it takes not to look ridiculous (on a solo tour) for once... :D

First tape I gave my girlfriend (now wife) back in 1994 was one with The Number of the Beast on side A and Piece of Mind on side B. :lol:
And did you also make "hard slow" compilations on tape for your sweethearts? I know I did! (must have included "TOTD" and "Wasting Love" once or twice) ;)

Last edited:

I like it A LOT, great sound and mood.
Love pretty much every second of that album, it has so many great and different influences in its tracks.
It's my personal favourite album by Bruce, overall, along with Tyranny Of Souls.
But all his six records are great.

Back