Bruce Dickinson

It's not official. Maiden didn't update the Bruce Book Tour section yet. Next week he will be in Malta. I hope someone ask him about the new Maiden and solo albums.

Why do people seem to complain that Bruce does book tour dates? The occasional date here and there, it's not like it's affecting anyones lives negatively.

maybe these are the last dates to promo the book. But I think like you. He doesn't need to promo the book. It's time to make another one LOL. (These could be the words that the book company would tell him)

Because it's a total waste of time. You don't need to promote a book two years after its release.

He's obviously looking at having a conference speaking career, and this fits in with that. It's no more promoting the book than the man in the moon. The book is just the excuse.

There's probably good money in it too. The venue in Dublin holds 2,000! I can't see them getting anywhere near that, but the promoter must be paying a nice sum if he needs to book a venue that size over smaller venues.

Why do people seem to complain that Bruce does book tour dates?
I'm not complaining, I just think that having the longest book launch in the history of the printed word is taking the mick a bit, that's all.
You don't need to promote a book two years after its release.
This.

Not that I'm suggesting the book isn't good - if he wrote another one I'd definitely read it.

He's obviously looking at having a conference speaking career, and this fits in with that. It's no more promoting the book than the man in the moon. The book is just the excuse.

There's probably good money in it too. The venue in Dublin holds 2,000! I can't see them getting anywhere near that, but the promoter must be paying a nice sum if he needs to book a venue that size over smaller venues.

How much are the tickets? 35€?

If we were to assume that the promoter would break even selling 1000 tickets (a reasonable estimate based on what I know about the business), that would suggest a fee of 35000€. That is good money (not that all of it would go to Bruce), but probably much less than what he gets at each Maiden gig...

If we were to assume that the promoter would break even selling 1000 tickets (a reasonable estimate based on what I know about the business), that would suggest a fee of 35000€. That is good money (not that all of it would go to Bruce), but probably much less than what he gets at each Maiden gig...

He'd be a fool to turn down such money for a nights work. As would anyone.

Bruce Tour update
Oct 26 Zagreb, Croatia
Oct 27 Vienna, Austria
Nov 02 Budapest, Hungary
Nov 04 Athens, Greece
Nov 13 Oulu, Finland
Nov 29 Seville, Spain
Dec 01 Barcelona, Spain
Dec 07 Alicante, Spain
Dec 08 Lisbon, Portugal
Dec 13 Dublin, Ireland
What the hell?