Bruce Dickinson

Byf6vcICIAALZtm.jpg:large

@MrKnickerbocker how cool is that? Bruce with Bad Religion. Looking at all the people in the picture and the haircuts, I guess this must be 1995 (or else 1994).
Shared by Bad Religion twitter account on 26 September 2014.
https://twitter.com/badreligion/status/515656376148688896
I wish I could find the exact date / place / occasion of this meeting. I do not think they came near each other during their tours in 1994 and 1995. I have the weird but not impossible idea that Bruce and Bad Religion rehearsed / recorded / visited each other in the same studio.

Bad Religion recorded their The Gray Race album in New York in October, November 1995. And toured earlier that year and probably also rehearsed/prepared in a studio in California.

Bruce might have been busy with (preparing) the Skunkworks album around that time.

@GhostofCain do you know where (and when) Skunkworks was recorded?

Last edited:
Byf6vcICIAALZtm.jpg:large

@MrKnickerbocker how cool is that? Bruce with Bad Religion. Looking at all the people in the picture and the haircuts, I guess this must be 1995 (or else 1994).
Shared by Bad Religion twitter account on 26 September 2014.
https://twitter.com/badreligion/status/515656376148688896
I wish I could find the exact date / place / occasion of this meeting. I do not think they came near each other during their tours in 1994 and 1995. I have the weird but not impossible idea that Bruce and Bad Religion rehearsed / recorded / visited each other in the same studio.

Bad Religion recorded their The Gray Race album in New York in October, November 1995. And toured earlier that year and probably also rehearsed/prepared in a studio in California.

Bruce might have been busy with (preparing) the Skunkworks album around that time.

@GhostofCain do you know where (and when) Skunkworks was recorded?

Nice picture, thanks for posting it. Bad Religion were probably guests of Bruce's radio show back in 1994/1995 and I guess that could have been when the picture was taken.

Skunkworks was recorded at Grey Linford Manor in England in 1995.

Last edited:
Was that show hosted in London?

There is a Bad Religion amp in the background. Hard to imagine they took that with them unless they played at his show?

When did bruce get his hair cut?

Must be a short window of when he had long hair and was solo?

Was that show hosted in London?

Bruce mentions something about his early BBC Radio 1 show being recorded live in London and Manchester (Chapter Pirate Radio off What Does This Button Do?), but also could have been flown somewhere to interview the band, like was the case with WASP.

Some bands played live on the show (that is how Perfect Strangers with Bruce singing with Dream Theater happened). That could explain the amp, although had he done something with Bad Religion on the show, it would have been posted online by now methinks.

That being said, the photo could well have nothing to do with his radio show. :)

Sent that pic to a mate of mine who is a big bad religion fan, and he stuck it on instagram and one of the lads from Bad Religion responded saying it was at the BBC

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_231615.jpg
    IMG_20181205_231615.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 16
Thanks srfc. From the tourdates I initially saw I thought they did not play an English concert in 1995. Hard to imagine they went to England for just a BBC talk. They probably did perform there hence the amp Now let us find out when that was.

EDIT:
According to setlist.fm:
They played in London (Astoria) on 24 October 1994. And MTV Studios London on 2 February 1995. Probably on one or near one of these dates.

Last edited:
Thanks. So the BBC radio show theory was probably right then. :)

I looked up Bruce on wikipedia and it says his show ran from 2002 to 2010? Is that right? I could have sworn it was started while he was still solo.

Or did he have other radio shows apart from the 6 music one?

I looked up Bruce on wikipedia and it says his show ran from 2002 to 2010? Is that right? I could have sworn it was started while he was still solo.

Or did he have other radio shows apart from the 6 music one?

The wikipedia data refer to the BBC 6 Music shows; he started in 2002 with two really entertaining shows (The Freak Zone, with very diverse music being played showing his eclectic taste from Basque folk to prog rock, and the Rock Show) and from 2004 ended up focussing on just one (The Rock Show).

Before that he did a Rock Show for BBC Radio 1 in the mid 90s and several shows for BBC Radio 2 (like the Masters of Rock series).

The latest issue of Rock Hard France features an interview with Bruce. I will see if I can find a copy of the issue somewhere to brush up my French.

47455405_2208557872509440_1374475949461995520_n.jpg

Back