Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
About Roy, he said that it's a little bit difficult for him because this is a long tour and sadly he's had a few health issues but he's getting better with. He works in the studio and it takes 2 great guitarists to replace him.
Finally a good explanation why Roy ain’t on tour, maybe folks can finally stop wondering about their working relationship. Sure it’s bittersweet for Roy to not be able to tour, but at least he is occupied with songwriting and remixing.

And I think Nightmares will come. Maybe it just didn’t fit for The mandrake project.

And also, Bruce is wrong about better chart positions than Judas priest latest album. Overall Invinsible shield did better than The mandrake project

About Roy, he said that it's a little bit difficult for him because this is a long tour and sadly he's had a few health issues but he's getting better with. He works in the studio and it takes 2 great guitarists to replace him.

Ah, I see his publicist has finally convinced him/finally advised him that he needs to do a bit of damage control here. But I am afraid many fans will remain skeptical now. It's all too strange. Maybe one day we will learn what really went down (as Roy promised).

Does anyone have it in their head if it's been officially confirmed that no more shows will be added? I think there are a few gaps in the schedule that are relatively long, e.g. in Germany.

Oh no, he now believes that success in Metal is connected to a successful Instagram page. As If! Who advises him? Help! :eek:

Bruce! I recently learned from trendy people that Instagram is long out again!

why is he comparing his instagram page with priest's page? that's weird even for bruce :D and in reality: bruce got 160K and priest has 1M followers. so he is not that successful in instagram as he claims. mike portnoy has alone 630K. bruce is maiden's frontman and maiden has 4M followers and they share a lot of Bruce, so he can't say that his instagram page is great etc. and beyond everything this is really a silly point and comparison.

Oh no, he now believes that success in Metal is connected to a successful Instagram page. As If! Who advises him? Help! :eek:

Bruce! I recently learned from trendy people that Instagram is long out again!
…and yet I constantly see links to everything his team posts on Instagram, and TikTok’s days are probably numbered in the U.S., so…

…and yet I constantly see links to everything his team posts on Instagram, and TikTok’s days are probably numbered in the U.S., so…

Yes, of course, because there he posts most news about the tour. Should we ignore the news? If he posted them on the Mandrake Project webpage, this would be linked.

And it would be more accessible for everybody because you wouldn't need an Instagram account yourself.

Sorrry, but I stand by my opinion that it is ill-advised and not well thought through.

I find it funny because I think Fingers in the Wounds is a song that deals critically with the topic of influencers.

But now he talks like someone who totally fell for it, comparing the number of followers, just like influencers do! :bigsmile:

And it would be more accessible for everybody because you wouldn't need an Instagram account yourself.
I certainly agree with this, but the masses are on social media first these days, and when you post news there it gets auto-pushed to your followers. Do it on your own website and you’re left sending email notifications to people, which is OK, except the youngins want things pushed to them right now.

The fact that we’re discussing this on an independent forum rather than some social media platform already tags us as outliers in today’s world.

Yeah, despite the individual age of the users here we are all basically the embodiment of "old man yells at cloud". Like, I'm not a big of of most social media sites, but they are vital to modern promotion. Hell, if you look outside of metal and look at what of the most successful artists (ie those who sell/earn orders of magnitude more than Maiden) there are entire strategies like deleting all Instagram posts before announcing a new album, using a black profile picture and then go all out on promoting the new album effectively creating a brand.

Ok, but I wouldn't be aware that Instagram is the platform where the relevant stuff today is discussed either.

Type "trending on" in Google. You will get "tiktok, then Twitter, then Etsy, then Youtube.

It is not even the social with most active users.

I really would like to know what the rationale was for choosing it.

Back