Bruce Dickinson

Do you guys remember what other songs they played during rehearsals? Because if they are still rotating the setlist, then there's a chance they will play some of them.

Do you guys remember what other songs they played during rehearsals? Because if they are still rotating the setlist, then there's a chance they will play some of them.
I think there should be more songs they rehearsed, but I guess Bruce will save some for the 2nd leg of the tour next year. All of the songs that Tanya rehearsed are already played. I expect at least 4/5 more songs in rotation. Not sure about other songs from the new album for this year.

Yes, we do have the Brazilian version of the Greek cunt. Bruce wished death to this fucker…
One of the many reasons I wish Bruce would learn a different way to react is that you never know which deranged character you are giving the ultimate motivation to. The friend whom he cursed must be avenged, my reviled compatriots must be avenged.
Depending on who shows up in your audience, such things are more than just embarrassing, they're dangerous.

Does anyone know the setlist from Belo Horizonte the other night?

Was "Starchildren" played?

I'm LOVING that this has been played the last three shows, I feared it had been dropped after The Whiskey show...

Does anyone know the setlist from Belo Horizonte the other night?

Was "Starchildren" played?

I'm LOVING that this has been played the last three shows, I feared it had been dropped after The Whiskey show...
Laughing In A Hiding Bush was performed. Was in an Instagram story. Likely replaced Starchildren, but there is a possibility that both were played.

Otherwise, Accident, Tower, Many Doors, Alchemist and Book Of Thel were also featured in them. It's unknown what other songs were performed at this point.

Here is the setlist from the Brasilia show:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-dickinson/2024/opera-hall-brasilia-brazil-13a881ed.html

This is the set I would want to see. Starchildren and Gates of Urizen in, Laughing in the Hiding Bush and Gods of War out. Plus Tears of the Dragon moved to later in the set.

I hope the eventual live album/video contains all the songs he plays on the tour, edited together as one long concert. I know I would watch that over and over for years to come.

Laughing In A Hiding Bush was performed. Was in an Instagram story. Likely replaced Starchildren, but there is a possibility that both were played.
Yes. And Bruce is with a Mandrake/AOR shirt and a leather vest methinks.

LITHB
I hope the eventual live album/video contains all the songs he plays on the tour, edited together as one long concert. I know I would watch that over and over for years to come.
I would really love that. I kind of doubt it, but if it's from all Brazil shows. I prefer Urizen and at least 2 BTP songs, with Tears later in the set.

I think Bruce has a recording crew with him for these shows, here's a teaser for something(?):

Otherwise, Accident, Tower, Many Doors, Alchemist and Book Of Thel were also featured in them. It's unknown what other songs were performed at this point.
Thanks for that. Don't get me wrong "Hiding Bush" is a great song....but I'd rather hear "Starchildren" if there's a choice!!! :)

It kind of leans into what I said a week or so ago, this is the bad thing in my view when an artiste flips around the setlist.

There's a line of thinking in all this that as paying ticketholders, the "pot luck" angle shouldn't really apply IMHO. It's unfair personally.

I know people moan that artistes don't change their setlists much when a tour starts (I'm as guilty as anyone for wishing Kiss would add more 80's/90's material to their shows), people shouldn't miss out on knowing that there is a favourite song on this show which could be played...but it hasn't been played at your gig (but it was played the night before or after).

Just my 2 cents on the issue as of now...I reserve the right to change my view if Starchildren is played in London!!!! :bigsmile:

For the Rio show - Navigate (unfortunately) was dropped for Jerusalem, the rest of the set was like for the previous show. 6 TCW songs!

Well, Bruce said before the tour that the songs for rotation could be Navigate, Jerusalem, Starchildren, but I think Navigate will be back. And it works better as an encore imo. Btw, half of the setlist are mid-tempo songs.

''There is quite a lot of material left over that we didn't develop for 'The Mandrake Project'. We had no time to develop it, and we looked at what we had and we went, 'You know what? This is good. Let's just work with what we've got right now because the other stuff, we can develop it later, we can talk about it later.''

No time? Um? And they still wrote new songs. It seems they just worked on the songs they wrote in 2014, plus some of the old ones. I'm really curious what happened to the song Nightmares.

Also, the success of the album seems to mean a lot to Bruce.

From the interview at the end of the article - he wants to play Sonata, Shadow Of The Gods (''amazing song'') and Eternity (if I understood him correctly) in the future (''next time around''). He always have things in mind but tries to live in the present. Basically, he said if they made a follow-up to TMP, it would be great to dig deeper from that album. I think 2 of the other 3 songs will be great live.

About Roy, he said that it's a little bit difficult for him because this is a long tour and sadly he's had a few health issues but he's getting better with. He works in the studio and it takes 2 great guitarists to replace him.

Back