Bruce Dickinson

Darkside is becoming more and more of a strugglefest. I think Bruce should replace it with Jerusalem if it becomes too much. Love the song, but considering how many options they have...
Aquarius is perfect for this spot, but its first half (it will have its good nights) and then Book Of Thel's high parts are some of the most difficult songs for Bruce to sing live. And some of his best. Love them. Nice alternation with the vocals for the latter. He can swap it with Tears Of The Dragon to be earlier in the set. Is the pre-chorus of Road To Hell easier? Not really, but it's shorter. Laughing In The Hiding Bush and The Magician can have extended crowd participation.

Other songs like Jerusalem, Kill Devil Hill, Omega, A Tyranny Of Souls, Power Of The Sun, Back From The Edge, Silver Wings (the previous song is The Alchemist) can also work great there - main set closer.

Darkside is becoming more and more of a strugglefest. I think Bruce should replace it with Jerusalem if it becomes too much. Love the song, but considering how many options they have...
Part of me worries that Bruce may ruin his voice during his solo tour, and that will have a negative effect on his performance during the ‘24 Maiden tour. Anyone else?

Then again Maiden usually blows my mind so I could see it being a non-issue as well.

Yeah, it looks like hes settled on a set that works, I dont expect too many (If any at all) changes from here.
It seems so, but I kind of doubt it. There are still more songs (maybe around 10 from all albums, including more new songs) that I think Bruce will want to play live. And the tour will continue next year, so that's good. I guess he will rotate the setlist (with the familiar songs now) for the few 2nd nights or for the countries with the more number of shows.
I think if the rumours of a live album are true, they might keep playing the same setlist until the album is recorded. Then, they might get adventourous with the set again.
This. And there was a band picture with the crowd after the Mexico show.
Part of me worries that Bruce may ruin his voice during his solo tour, and that will have a negative effect on his performance during the ‘24 Maiden tour. Anyone else?
Then again Maiden usually blows my mind so I could see it being a non-issue as well.
Yeah, these songs are not easy 20 years later. And Maiden will most likely (well, nothing is certain) record some shows for a live release this year. I'm more optimistic, but let's see. Bruce should just make a couple of setlist adjustments to make it a bit ''easier'' for his voice.

fd4f9eaf-e0f7-49a7-8e26-90ed65e39411_text.gif

I really, really wish Bruce's ego would let him downtune some of these songs. Many of them already are in lower tunings so there's no excuse like there is for Maiden either. He could actually sing them properly without straining in his comfortable range and not slowly tire his voice out through the gig like he is now.

It is a shame, because he still sounds great in many songs, but as a wise man from the Midlands would say, it is what it is, you know?

Back