Bruce Dickinson

Nobody want to send the leak but everybody has already listened to it. Selfish?!? Anyway, if somebody does not feel selfish in this beautiful wednesday afternoon, you can send me a link!!! Thanx in advance!!!

We can’t be a website for distributing illegal material. So a reminder of the rules:

1: No publicly asking for leaks, posting leaked material, or directing users to leaked materials. We can’t read your PMs or control what you do privately, but keep it private. Bans will be issued otherwise.

2: If you want to review the album we will assume you legally received a promo copy unless you lead us to believe otherwise. In other words, we’re not going to stop discussion of the music itself. We don’t have a spoiler policy for anything besides Iron Maiden tours. If someone is requesting spoiler tags, we ask you to be nice and respect that request, but I also think the best policy for avoiding spoilers is to avoid that thread for awhile.

Sneak peak of my opinion on Sonata:

Absolute mess and doesn't work at all.

You can actually hear Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the final 5 seconds of the album, which is kinda neat.

We can’t be a website for distributing illegal material. So a reminder of the rules:

1: No publicly asking for leaks, posting leaked material, or directing users to leaked materials. We can’t read your PMs or control what you do privately, but keep it private. Bans will be issued otherwise.

2: If you want to review the album we will assume you legally received a promo copy unless you lead us to believe otherwise. In other words, we’re not going to stop discussion of the music itself. We don’t have a spoiler policy for anything besides Iron Maiden tours. If someone is requesting spoiler tags, we ask you to be nice and respect that request, but I also think the best policy for avoiding spoilers is to avoid that thread for awhile.
uh-hu-nodding.gif

I'm 2 listens through. First listen, not gonna lie, I felt a little disappointed. Maybe it's the hype you've built in your own head for so long, the expectations of what you want it to be. But after the first listen I now gave it a second listen, and it's massively improving. Love the big soundscapes, spaghetti western in Resurrection Men, big strings eastern melodies in Fingers in the Wounds, or the almost James Bond-sounding Shadow Of The Gods. Don't mind that it feels less metal, I like the twist and turns musically. Also, think Rain On The Graves probably was the weakest song out of these and a little strange as a single pick.

Overall, gonna be interesting to see how this album develops and sits in my mind after more listens.

Second listen, 5 songs in.
Predictably, Bruce's vocals is heard much better when listening through headphones. Still there's feeling that Bruce and whole band plays around the corner. Except drums. I despise such duality, when album sounds different on different systems.
Overall I can say one thing. There's nothing wrong with new songs per se. The thing is that they are so eclectic with many different sections that is hard to get the whole picture at first, if you know what i mean. Many Doors To Hell is good. In the context of the album Rain On The Graves is very good/great due its theatricallity and playfull attitude. Resurrection Men definitely is spaghetti western song. Nothing bad with it, though I can not say that this song stands out to me. Fingers In The Wounds beginning to me sounds Nightwishy.

I will stand my ground and repeat one more time. It's undeniable that AOB, TCW and TOS metal was maidenised to a certain level, as Roy imagined it. Modern, heavier, yet with catchy passages and so on.

Of course not every song, but for example: Dark Side Of Aquarius, Road To Hell, Accident Of Birth in my eyes are modern Maidenesque songs. Also The Chemical Wedding, The Tower, Book Of Thel, The Alchemist, Return of the King, Abduction, Soul Intruders, Kill Devil Hill, Tyranny of Souls.

This newest album is different. Bruce and Roy for the most part abandoned that formula of songwriting. They are searching for new grounds and look for inspiration in other bands. This album sounds different. It's more modern heavy rock? and not modern heavy metal. This aspect may become my biggest gripe. AOB, TCW and TOS were modern and heavy, yet I heard some maiden in them. Newest album stands on its own. And on the shoulders of many other bands and influences.

Eternity Has Failed is maidenesque, even if this song would not be on Maiden album.

Last edited:
Back