Bruce Dickinson

The climatic second part of Sonata very much reminds me of climatic singing towards the end in Dream Theater's At Wit's End. If you like that one, I think you will like this one.

Folks, let's not forget that the official release of the album is in 9 days. Unlike with Senjutsu this is the only Bruce thread, we have no spoiler thread. I believe it would be fair to wait until everyone has had the chance to listen to the album before discussing songs in detail.

I have never understood why people need spoiler threads for new albums. It's not exactly a movie where having the ending spoiler actually impacts the experience.
True, agreed on principle. There are people who don't want to listen to leaks and would rather wait for the album to release and I feel having both groups of people in the same thread fragments the experience. Those who haven't heard the album might want to speculate and talk about their expectations while those who have heard it can directly confirm or disprove the speculation.

Listened to it 1.5 times. First impression is that I do not like this album. There are moments which I like for example when that cool riff kicks in mid way through shadow of the gods but overall I don't really like any of the songs apart from Mistress of Mercy and Shadow of the Gods. I think vocals are too forward in the mix to the point where I hear Bruce breathing in before every verse. The tempo is somewhat off, the drumming is pretty average and something seems also off in timing with how the verse sections are sung by Bruce. I think if the vocal mix had been better this would not be an issue but it does feel like he is shouting in my ear for some of the song as the guitars are so burried in the mix. It's funny because usually the opposite happens in maiden where bruce gets burried in the mix. The lyrics also does not flow naturally to me. The instrumental section in Eternity has failed is pretty cool, did not like the rest of the track. Nicko wipes the floor with whoever this drummer is especially when I compare the drumming for Eternity. Overall I think this is my least favorite out of all Bruce albums so far.

Last edited:
Many Doors To Hell and Shadows Of The Grave are the two standout tracks for me, the former brings to bring the most recent Ghost album and the latter is a nice callback to TCW.

i think it's leaked, someone sent to me. i just listened to afterglow and check if it's accurate by listening to many doors to hell and looking at its lyrics. so yes, it's the album. but the sound in the leaked version (the one i got) is horrible. so i refused to listen to more. btw many doors is sweet as hell!

(if anyone wants i will not send, sorry. i don't want to spread this one with bad sound or another bootleg thing)

i think it's leaked, someone sent to me. i just listened to afterglow and check if it's accurate by listening to many doors to hell and looking at its lyrics. so yes, it's the album. but the sound in the leaked version (the one i got) is horrible. so i refused to listen to more. btw many doors is sweet as hell!

(if anyone wants i will not send, sorry. i don't want to spread this one with bad sound or another bootleg thing)
Unfortunately I don't have the will power to resist new music from bruce/maiden but the sound quality is definitely shit in the leaked version

are the last 3 file sizes same for you?
1708518279148.png

So... Began listening to the Mandrake Project on my average stereo system. Afterglow of Ragnarok - Bruce's voice is somewhere in background. Then Many Doors to Hell started. Again, Bruce's voice is mixed very bad, drowned in the mix... :facepalm: I got angry and turned it off. So far, I will not claim anything, because there's small chance that my "copy" is not the best quality as you all understand, but things definitely pointing into direction that Bruce finally got infected with Maiden production problems and this album will have so so/bad production. :confused:
Yet I am pretty sure album will sound much better through phone + earphones.
Do not ask me from where I did got the album, I will say nothing (same for PM, don't even try)

As Many Doors to Hell started I immediately thought of Ghost (Tobias Forge band) Bruce clearly sees what is popular now. The song itself is very catchy but gosh, his singing is so muddy and in the background it's not even funny. :mad: (music itself and instruments do sound fine)

Listened to it 1.5 times. First impression is that I do not like this album. There are moments which I like for example when that cool riff kicks in mid way through shadow of the gods but overall I don't really like any of the songs apart from Mistress of Mercy and Shadow of the Gods. I think vocals are too forward in the mix to the point where I hear Bruce breathing in before every verse. The tempo is somewhat off, the drumming is pretty average and something seems also off in timing with how the verse sections are sung by Bruce. I think if the vocal mix had been better this would not be an issue but it does feel like he is shouting in my ear for some of the song as the guitars are so burried in the mix. It's funny because usually the opposite happens in maiden where bruce gets burried in the mix. The lyrics also does not flow naturally to me. The instrumental section in Eternity has failed is pretty cool, did not like the rest of the track. Nicko wipes the floor with whoever this drummer is especially when I compare the drumming for Eternity. Overall I think this is my least favorite out of all Bruce albums so far.
What? So far mine impression is totally opposite. Bruce is singing under the blanket/in another room. So... You saying there's a chance this album will have normal sound/Bruce's voice will be in front :D

Last edited:
Folks, there are no "quality differences", that's just wishful thinking. This is literally what the album sounds like for better or worse. Compare Afterglow and Rain on the copy with the single versions and you'll see that they sound the same.

Get used to it: the production should've been better, but unfortunately isn't.

Back