Bruce Dickinson

Mistress of Mercy is horrible, even mother of mercy is better. Easily the worst song on this new album.
It’s my opinion of the track & if you didn’t like it, you didn’t like it but your comment sounds a bit harsh to be honest. There are better ways to express your dislike.

Listened to it 1.5 times. First impression is that I do not like this album. There are moments which I like for example when that cool riff kicks in mid way through shadow of the gods but overall I don't really like any of the songs apart from Mistress of Mercy and Shadow of the Gods. I think vocals are too forward in the mix to the point where I hear Bruce breathing in before every verse. The tempo is somewhat off, the drumming is pretty average and something seems also off in timing with how the verse sections are sung by Bruce. I think if the vocal mix had been better this would not be an issue but it does feel like he is shouting in my ear for some of the song as the guitars are so burried in the mix. It's funny because usually the opposite happens in maiden where bruce gets burried in the mix. The lyrics also does not flow naturally to me. The instrumental section in Eternity has failed is pretty cool, did not like the rest of the track. Nicko wipes the floor with whoever this drummer is especially when I compare the drumming for Eternity. Overall I think this is my least favorite out of all Bruce albums so far.
cover_600.jpg

cover_600-jpg.34340
Poop Shittinson - The Pan-Jakes Project?

My short and succinct opinion on the album:

I only liked Face In The Mirror and Shadow Of The Gods. Many Doors To Hell is growing on me but it's "only" as good as Afterglow, nothing really special. The rest has severe issues and there are songs like Resurrection Men that I do not like at all.

My least favorite Bruce album since the debut.

I couldn't resist either. What I heard is a very cohesive album with a lot of tasty arrangements and orchestrations, very few repetitions. Great melodies everywhere. Each song is immediately pleasant and straightforwad but has a lot to dig in.
That's what I've written in my review of this record. ;)

Now, guys, you can compare what I've wrote with what you've heard (for those of you who listened the illegal leak). ;)

Language barrier prevents me. Why not give us your take in English? Doesn't have to be as detailed as your article

Back