Bruce Dickinson

For better or worse, Bruce is surely making all the decisions, not Roy Z. It is his solo career and he is the boss.

That's very likely, but I'd also point out that it was Roy who brought in both, Mistheria and Moreno for the recording of Tyranny & Mandrake albums and on Tyranny of Souls EPK Bruce praised Roy for being able to just find these musicians. So it might very well be that Roy had a big say when it comes to this lineup.

Then again, O’Callaghan is most likely involved due to recent touring experiences with Bruce, so that might speak for Bruce being solely in charge of putting this band together.

...so I'm not making much of a point at all, eh. Oh well. :D

the fans want pure metal arrangements.

That's probably true for the big majority and that's what I hope and expect too, but honestly, I'd be fine with a very different arrangements too. I'd be all for an acoustic tour as well. :wub:

But I know that I'm very biased with all this.

That's very likely, but I'd also point out that it was Roy who brought in both, Mistheria and Moreno for the recording of Tyranny & Mandrake albums and on Tyranny of Souls EPK Bruce praised Roy for being able to just find these musicians. So it might very well be that Roy had a big say when it comes to this lineup.

Then again, O’Callaghan is most likely involved due to recent touring experiences with Bruce, so that might speak for Bruce being solely in charge of putting this band together.

...so I'm not making much of a point at all, eh. Oh well. :D
I don't know if Bruce likes to do boss things other than creative directions.

I don't know if Bruce likes to do boss things other than creative directions.
Truths.

Btw, I was thinking about the reworked version of If Eternity Should Fail. If it has some of the elements of the original song, it would be like No Lies from TM - this song has more or less the groove, verses and chorus of Bring Your Daughter. Bruce has tricks.

I think Bruce will save the outro (especially after we heard some of the vocals on the upcoming single) and probably remove (or replace with shorter) the intro. He said it won't be the album opener. And it would be better for the song to start differently from the Maiden version.

More than 40 solo shows in addition to the Maiden tour. It is going to be a busy year for Bruce!

Funnily enough, this is the same guy who had a robust discussion with Rod Smallwood after the 2011 TFF tour to make sure that Maiden would not play so many shows per calendar year! :lol:

More than 40 solo shows in addition to the Maiden tour. It is going to be a busy year for Bruce!

Funnily enough, this is the same guy who had a robust discussion with Rod Smallwood after the 2011 TFF tour to make sure that Maiden would not play so many shows per calendar year! :lol:
Well, I would suggest that doing a Maiden show is much more taxing on the boy compared with a solo show. Less running about, less physically demanding word salad.

But yes, I take the general point, 40 solo shows won't be no walk in the park.

Well, I would suggest that doing a Maiden show is much more taxing on the boy compared with a solo show. Less running about, less physically demanding word salad.

But yes, I take the general point, 40 solo shows won't be no walk in the park.
His voice is gonna be fried at the end of the year.

Those dates are really, really tempting. But with London, Oslo already planned as well as Vegas and LA for Maiden I am not sure I have the time for it. And it costs.

Man I hope there's going to be a presale of some sort for these dates. House of Culture is a small place, might even be the smallest show he's played since TCW tour?
Going to Budapest, Helsinki and Tallinn, thinking about Mystic Festival aswell.

Man I hope there's going to be a presale of some sort for these dates. House of Culture is a small place, might even be the smallest show he's played since TCW tour?
Going to Budapest, Helsinki and Tallinn, thinking about Mystic Festival aswell.
He is playing smaller venues on this tour.

Well, I would suggest that doing a Maiden show is much more taxing on the boy compared with a solo show. Less running about, less physically demanding word salad. But yes, I take the general point, 40 solo shows won't be no walk in the park.
This will be a normal leg of a tour for Maiden these days. Bruce will be do 2 tours in one year, I never expected that. Maybe in 2005. I hope his voice will be fine-to-good for the Maiden shows (and Maiden ofc will use those shows for the live album/video...), because the material is always challenging.
He hasn't sung his solo songs in 20 years. Playing so many shows could mean that Bruce will want to restart his solo career and continue making new albums & tours in the future, alongside his Maiden career. I really hope so. Or he just wants to properly promote his solo stuff and new album (which has been in the works since 2014) again, and because he didn't in 2005 (he said he would have love to do that in the Tyranny EPK). It's an exception, but it makes big sense.

Last edited:
Playing so many shows could mean that Bruce will want to restart his solo career and continue making new albums & tours in the future, alongside his Maiden career.
Well, let’s be honest, the clock is ticking on Maiden’s career at this point. I’m fully prepared for Future Past 2024 to be the last time I ever see the band live, because it will have been 6 years since their last stop here on Legacy, and everybody’s in their 60s at this point. If they’re serious about calling it quits when Nicko can’t play anymore, and he’s the oldest of the bunch (and already had one stroke), then the end is in sight already.

I think Bruce is the youngest member of the band, and as long as he can still deliver the goods I’m sure he’d like to continue performing. When Maiden ends, it would make sense for him to re-embrace his solo career.

The keyboard-leads/keytar discourse is quite funny to me. One of my favorite solos of all time is actually a keyboard solo and I'll always post about it given the slightest chance. It's from Greek rock legend Vasilis Papakonstantinou's 30th anniversary concert on the song Victoria:

Link is time stamped, but if it doesn't work it starts around 2:27 and goes almost up to the 5 minute mark. The keyboard playing is tasteful, starts out slow and emotional and then builds up speed and intensity. Special shout out to the drummer as well.

I want Adrian Smith back. :ninja:
download.jpg

I was listening to Skunkworks yesterday (where a single song doesn't need second guitarists) and was thinking - Bruce can throw rock in any direction and he'd probably hit some semi-professional guitar player who would do an excellent job and would probably work for peanuts. Maybe Adrian has something solo related with Kotzen, or maybe he doesn't. Anywho, I think this is solely Bruce's decision and there's probably good reason for that. I mean, wouldn't Roy Z object if he thought this wouldn't work? Or is he more of an ego guy not wanting to sharing the stage with just anybody?

I understand what Jer was pointing at, taking the house down with those two albums, I really do. But then again, no matter hom much of an ego Bruce has and is sometimes overreaching, I think he's smart enough not to commit to something he's not 100% sure he can pull off. And I've just seen Paul di'Anno thread (and I know those two are worlds apart) but I'd rather watch Bruce something he's comfortable in, instead of trying to relieve his glory days and making parody of himself.

Since his drummer is spilling the beans, does it mean we could also get album announcement on December 1st? I'm really interested in track list, we might get a glimpse is this "just another" metal album or is he really trying to go for concept album he was talking about in that interview few pages ago.

Back