Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Very strange turn of things: When The Mandrake Project came out, I disliked Resurrection Men a lot. Really. To me it was the worst track of the album. Meanwhile it doesn't get out of my ear and it has become one of my abum fave tracks. If not the one favourite track at all.
I didn’t care for the song on the album, but it really works live. Seems like a real crowd-pleaser.

Very strange turn of things: When The Mandrake Project came out, I disliked Resurrection Men a lot. Really. To me it was the worst track of the album. Meanwhile it doesn't get out of my ear and it has become one of my abum fave tracks. If not the one favourite track at all.
It's got some good parts, but the singing in the verses is horrible. I'd give the song 5/10

Resurrection Men is my second favorite on the album, behind Shadows of the Gods. It would be #1 if the vocal performance was strong as on Shadows. The verses really are among Bruce’s worst recorded vocals. But the song itself is really cool and such a unique twist on Bruce’s usual fare.

I think I gave that song a 2/10 and that hasn't changed. The definition of wasted potential for me. Starts out really interesting, the half time middle section is kinda neat, but the whole thing feels cobbled together without any care or thought and while the verses are utterly horrible, the chorus is too simplistic for my tastes. Still bummed out that it made the setlist, but that was kind of expected after reading the interviews.

I think I gave that song a 2/10 and that hasn't changed. The definition of wasted potential for me. Starts out really interesting, the half time middle section is kinda neat, but the whole thing feels cobbled together without any care or thought and while the verses are utterly horrible, the chorus is too simplistic for my tastes. Still bummed out that it made the setlist, but that was kind of expected after reading the interviews.
You've just described the whole album!

But the song itself is really cool and such a unique twist on Bruce’s usual fare.
Definitely. BTP album would love such a song.
The definition of wasted potential for me. Starts out really interesting, the half time middle section is kinda neat, but the whole thing feels cobbled together without any care or thought and while the verses are utterly horrible, the chorus is too simplistic for my tastes. Still bummed out that it made the setlist, but that was kind of expected after reading the interviews.
Big agree about the potential, but I think the flow of the song is really good and the chorus is a bit simplistic but very catchy (a notable feature for the album; certainly better than Rain's chorus which is also catchy). I dig it a lot. And the song works great live. Imo the song is missing a solo (or two short solos) between the verses in the heavy middle part. That's it.
You've just described the whole album!
At least half of it, yeah. I don't think they've worked on the 2014 songs that much (or the songs from 20 years ago), if at all. Only on the 2 newly written songs, Eternity, Mirror and I guess Wounds because of its instrumental section.

Last edited:
Back