Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
I'd hate that to be honest. With Maiden you know what you'll get and it'll be integrated into the show in some way (stage props, backdrops, pyros). It'd be super disappointing to look forward to specific songs that were featured on the tour, only to not be played on the show I'm going to.

No, no, no. After Tallinn's show I am convinced that I don't like it and I predict the majority of the fans wouldn't want that. Yes, there are fans that go to 3-5 or even 10 shows on one tour but majority will see Maiden only once pere tour. So, if it happens that in your town they don't play the one song you want to hear, then it' s quite depressing. So, for me Maiden is doing it right.

I agree with you both..maybe I should have taken more time reply and give more insight to my thoughts on the matter.
With Maiden I've usually gone to see 1-2 shows whenever that tour is near me. Im used to how they like to arrange songs and select them and like it that they don't mess around the setlists much..only on some tours they did test some song which was dropped or either changed to other and onwards they kept the totally same setlist for the whole tour or leg.
Im not too picky and besides I think each tour have had working setlist and they have now been getting little bit more of that cycling the more forgotten songs and also making the setlist little bit varied here and there and so it's not always the same songs even for Maiden.
Im only hoping that they would still someday think of getting and letting Infinite Dreams back into the setlist. That's my most saddest omission from the tours lately..hope still to hear it live. I hoped to hear CSIT when history tours started so that has now been fullfilled for me aswell it was exciting to hear FOI aswell..so those songs prove that even Maiden can take some forgotten songs back to the setlists.
Now I would be so upset and sad if they would drop ID for some reason to the show Im going..

Two days since the gig and I'm still excited about that experience! This was the highest concentration of songs I love that I've ever witness live from any band (even Maiden!).

It was a gem after gem after gem. Getting Accident, Chemical Wedding, Aquarius, Book of Thel and THE ALCHEMIST is already overkill for me and there were so many wonderful tracks on top of that. There are just two songs that I technically wouldn't miss (Laughing... and Faith), even though they were still enjoyable. The only thing which could make it even better is Jerusalem, but well... it would be ridiculous to complain when you look at the rest of the set.

Question to fellow members. Since the tour started, I've stayed away from YouTube recordings, because I wanted to hear the songs live in person for the first time. Now I want to check out some clips, so which gigs had the best performances? Which cities should I look up?

Yep, I would also like to have best recordings or videos from the shows.
Complete Helsinki show for example would be nice!

Im still hyped up over the fact what I saw..I couldn't believe it when the intro started, it felt so unreal to finally witness all those Bruce songs live.
I think they concert was among the finest I have ever seen. It was pure energy and it was so intimate to witness the show from front rows..
Ole-ole-Brucee-Brucee!

No, no, no. After Tallinn's show I am convinced that I don't like it and I predict the majority of the fans wouldn't want that. Yes, there are fans that go to 3-5 or even 10 shows on one tour but majority will see Maiden only once pere tour. So, if it happens that in your town they don't play the one song you want to hear, then it' s quite depressing. So, for me Maiden is doing it right.
With the big productions Maiden do it's the right call to give every fan the same show. Rotating setlists are great if you're going to multiple shows on the tour. I love the idea, but my wallet doesn't :lol:

Yep, I would also like to have best recordings or videos from the shows.
Complete Helsinki show for example would be nice!

Im still hyped up over the fact what I saw..I couldn't believe it when the intro started, it felt so unreal to finally witness all those Bruce songs live.
I think they concert was among the finest I have ever seen. It was pure energy and it was so intimate to witness the show from front rows..
Ole-ole-Brucee-Brucee!
It was magnificent!
Top 5 concerts ever for me for sure!
Great venue too.

With the big productions Maiden do it's the right call to give every fan the same show. Rotating setlists are great if you're going to multiple shows on the tour. I love the idea, but my wallet doesn't :lol:
Bob Dylan did that for years on an extended level. 22-25 songs each night, and not one single song in the setlist repeated from the day before. Very cool. In 2001 (Braunschweig) I was lucky while 2002 (Hannover) was a big let down.

Dominum. I enjoyed them live, but I listened to their album yesterday and it sounded kind of bland.

It is the debut album (“Hey Living People”, December 2023). The right mix between professionalism and a little more courage, even to leave a gap etc. may still need to be worked out a bit.

Bruce will play Graspop on friday but on the North Stage. I guess they only stream the main stage gigs but of course it´s always possible.

Were The Tower and Road To Hell again played as a medley?
TBH, not the biggest fan of that.
I guess that was a one-off, thankfully. Bruce with a very good performance of Road To Hell:

After the end of it, he said that they will do a new album one of these days, not too far away.
And - I hope - more tracks on a potential live release compilation rather than a single show release. And it's more fun for them to change things around (which just so happens is a frequent point of discontent on the board regarding Maiden, as Maiden doesn't rotate stuff)
Agreed. But I think he will release one full show. I think the rotation works for him, especially after so long. Swapping spots too, something different. And it's easier for him with the stage. The songs will always be challenging. For Maiden, I'd rather not. Only between the legs of a tour.
The difference being that those songs were written over a quarter of a century ago when Bruce was in his prime, while MDTH was written in 2022 after his cancer and all the other issues. Wouldn't be the first time that Bruce would write vocal melodies that show him clearly straining while other song writers like Steve have started to pay a bit more attention (notice how TWOTW's verses feature quite a bit of straining, while most of the songs by Steve on Senjutsu feature quite a bit of Bruce's lower and mid range).
That's why I said this is his style, he will always write such parts.
Now I want to check out some clips, so which gigs had the best performances? Which cities should I look up?
There are many, you won't go wrong. First I think of: Sao Paulo, London, Santa Ana(iirc).
Has there yet been any pro-shot footage anywhere? Atleast full songs..
I think not.

Back