Bruce Dickinson

Hmmm maybe I shouldn't be so optimistic then :facepalm:

It only took him 7 years to release a follow up to The Chemical Wedding. It has been more than 12 years since Tyranny of Souls.

I am afraid that all his aviation interests seem to have taken most of his free time away from Maiden for the last few years and his solo career has been neglected as a result, which is a shame as his solo stuff is fantastic.

Yeah as I've got older I appreciate his solo stuff more and more - used to only really listen to the following songs on a rotational basis:

Tears of the dragon
Born in '58
Laughing in the hiding bush
Navigate the seas of the sun
The Ghost of Cain
All the young dudes

Since I discovered Spotify it opened my eyes to entire back catalogue and I've not looked back

Yeah as I've got older I appreciate his solo stuff more and more - used to only really listen to the following songs on a rotational basis:

Tears of the dragon
Born in '58
Laughing in the hiding bush
Navigate the seas of the sun
The Ghost of Cain
All the young dudes

Since I discovered Spotify it opened my eyes to entire back catalogue and I've not looked back

I had followed his solo career since 1994 and the worst thing of the Maiden reunion has been the lack of regular solo albums from him.

I had followed his solo career since 1994 and the worst thing of the Maiden reunion has been the lack of regular solo albums from him.

I can imagine! Being that I was 4 years old in '94 I cant say the same!

I think I heard Tears of the dragon after I'd got into Maiden when I was maybe ten or eleven and the list above was it until the last 4 or 5 years when I really started listening and appreciating him outside of the Maiden bubble

Considering I view Tyranny of Souls as his best solo work together with a few standout tracks on Tattooed Millionaire, I'm very disappointed he hasn't done any more after that one. I honestly don't think it's likely he'll do another.

He sang "Time is always on my side" in some song in 1986, and to be honest that's how the whole camp has been rolling like.

Considering I view Tyranny of Souls as his best solo work together with a few standout tracks on Tattooed Millionaire, I'm very disappointed he hasn't done any more after that one. I honestly don't think it's likely he'll do another.

He sang "Time is always on my side" in some song in 1986, and to be honest that's how the whole camp has been rolling like.

Some song?! Haha would that be Caught Somewhere in Time?

I tell you, Eternity was written by Bruce and Roy. Just listen, man...

Nah, it is a simple yet fantastic track. The type of stuff Bruce writes on his own. ;)

That one I agree with. Did you see Skunkworks live?

Sadly not. I saw Bruce live in 1997, missed the 1998 tour as a result of some stupid exams at Uni, and by 2002 I did not have the money to go to any of the solo shows he played that year.

Thankfully I have managed to see him live a few times at charity gigs (with Ian Anderson at Canterbury cathedral in 2011 and then at the Royal Albert Hall for The Sunflower Jam in 2012 and Celebrating Jon Lord in 2014) and other somewhat bizarre musical events (Buddy Rich band show in London in 2012, singing Smoke on the Water with the Buddy Rich band and Ian Paice on drums).

Seems like the whole Roy Z rant was the result of the combination of social media and alcohol. Not the first person to share their inner feelings to the world under the influence. Hopefully no lasting damage done. On a personal note, drunk texting one of my friends about my feelings for a mutual friend of ours led to me reconnecting with that person after a year. A few weeks later, we started dating! :bigsmile: Let's hope the whole episode inspires to a renewed creative partnership between Bruce and Roy!

Nah it's just that Dickinson put a 10 year pause on a highly successful music project. Z is venting, and it seems more of it comes out as the time goes by. Probably fueled by the fact that Dickinson's music appetites are, seemingly, taken care of in Maiden.

That sounds likely. Has anyone even heard of Roy Z since 2005?

Seems like the whole Roy Z rant was the result of the combination of social media and alcohol. Not the first person to share their inner feelings to the world under the influence. Hopefully no lasting damage done. On a personal note, drunk texting one of my friends about my feelings for a mutual friend of ours led to me reconnecting with that person after a year. A few weeks later, we started dating! :bigsmile: Let's hope the whole episode inspires to a renewed creative partnership between Bruce and Roy!
Are you implying that Bruce and Roy are likely to start dating?

That sounds likely. Has anyone even heard of Roy Z since 2005?

Well that's my train of thought too. Dickinson's solo project was properly scheduled even after the reunion, with a good/realistic pace, 2 albums and one tour in 6 years. But nothing since 2005.

Are you implying that Bruce and Roy are likely to start dating?

Nah Gers would be pissed off.

You know the rule of gentlemen duels, the challenged one picks the weapon. If Roy challenges Janick, the latter might pick "sloppy rendition of classic metal solos" as weapon used in the duel.
Z would stand no chance

Back