Bruce Dickinson

TFF 01 said:
Yeah, look at Dio and Ozzy...who both continued into their late 60's.  Ozzy is still going and Dio would be too, if he hadn't tragically passed away.  Comparing Bruce to them is an accurate comparison I think.

I don't really think Bruce and Ozzy should be compared. Ozzy as of today is a joke of a singer and has been so for some time, and to say he has taken care of himself health-wise would be an outright lie. Bruce, on the other hand, is probably a more professional singer now than he was 20 years ago, he has taken great care of his voice (and his health), and should be able to keep on making music and performing far into his 60s. What Ozzy has been doing lately has nothing to do with that.

It is a shame that a whole generation views Ozzy as some kind of moron from the TV show versus the singer he was with Sabbath and his early solo days.  He really has turned himself (with help from his wife) into a joke.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
What exactly has Ozzy been doing lately that makes him a joke? I thought his new album kicked major ass.

I can't speak to it personally, but a lot of people disagree about the latest record.  And then there's all the TV show and wacky antics he engages in.

I thought his new album was okay, not that great.  As far as music, where his overall body of work is far from a joke, it is pretty awesome in fact. 

I was refering to his reality show and the horrid variety show on Fox (thankfully one episode only), he comes across as some sort of parody of a brain dead rocker yelling Shaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooon!  I think amongst the younger crowd, he is more know for that and being Sharon's husband in pop culture. 

His first 2 solo albums are IMO 2 of the better rock albums of all time, his stuff since then has been more mixed, but overall very good IMO.  His Sabbath stuff was ground breaking and speaks for itself, though his last few albums with them tailed off a bit.

Of course, both his works with Sabbath and some of his solo work is great. But the peak of his solo career was in the 80s ... what's Ozzy done lately that is worthwile? Besides, I definitely don't know Ozzy from the TV show (I've never watched it) - my first experience with Ozzy was Black Sabbath's Paranoid album (which is great). But just the fact that engaging in a reality show on TV is what he has received most publicity for since 2000, shows how the mighty have fallen.

I seriously hope that if Bruce goes on after Maiden hang up their instruments, he will have something worthwhile to come up with later as well - simply because he has taken care of himself better and in general appears to be an intelligent person who knows what he wants.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
What exactly has Ozzy been doing lately that makes him a joke? I thought his new album kicked major ass.
exactly. Hes new album kicks ass. And i just saw him live couple of days ago and he was fucking great!

ive never really watched his bloody reality show. to me Ozzy is a metal icon, not a "funny dude in tv". and id like to keep it that way.

bruce signed for 3 more albums. Alot of people thought he got out of it when he released Anthology. He said he didn't get out of the contract and he is really looking forward to doing those albums.

Black_Thunder said:
Why is The Alchemist a dud from 6:00 onward?

There is a hidden William Blake quote at the very end of it. It has been moved to the end of Confeos on the 2005 reissue.

2002shirtuz4.jpg

Don Dokken said:
bruce signed for 3 more albums. Alot of people thought he got out of it when he released Anthology. He said he didn't get out of the contract and he is really looking forward to doing those albums.

That's amazing news!  :edmetal:

Don Dokken said:

Cool, can I read that interview? Link?

After Iron Maiden retires I'm hoping for some unreleased stuff to be released, but I'd love some new Bruce solo albums as well.  :ok:

Don Dokken said:
That's amazing! But I'd still like to see a source of proof so we know for absolute sure.

can't find a source but I'll keep looking and be sure to post it when I see it

Sounds good. Even if you don't find a source, I know you're not the type of person who makes things up on here. OMG! Just knowing that we're pretty much GUARANTEED 3 more solo albums has me so damn pumped now. Maybe Bruce will release one of them before the tour next year since he released TOS while he was already in Maiden and didn't tour for it. Keeping everything crossed for that!

I think TOS was made so he could have a new contract. If i'm wrong and he does want to make albums while in Maiden I expect he is probally working on an album now.

Back