Bruce Dickinson

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Anomica

Anomica Trooper

The task of piloting an airplane doesn't have anything to do with if there're people on board or not? In that case, most of the military fighter "pilots" wouldn't be called pilots but "aeroplane chauffeurs" or something like that. It sounds a bit silly, doesn't it? :uhm:

2. Raven

Raven Ancient Mariner

No, he can fly commercial airliners.  Hence the fact that he can fly Bruce Air, that he flew the British ex-pats out of Beirut, and that my friend's sister was once flown back to Britain from Austria by him...on a scheduled flight.

3. Natalie

Natalie Insect of Terror Staff Member

Two comments.

One, that is so true Perun, everytime I say Bruce Dickinson if anyone knows who I'm talking about (in this lousy school very few) then they immediately turn round and say 'oh, oh, d'you know he's a pilot?'. My response is always, 'Yes. And he's a film producer, author, professional fencer, radio show host, and Metal Legend'.  B)

Two, I don't know what you mean by qualified no5, but if the pilots who fly commercial airlines aren't qualified then maybe we should all start to worry. After all, he used to fly for British Airways.  :blink:

4. SneakySneaky

SneakySneaky Trooper

Well,  he's been that for quite some time now,  but the results have been a bit poor  :innocent:

5. thousand_suns

thousand_suns Prowler

I forgot to say that Dickinson celebrated his 49th birthday yesterday.

6. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

:uhm:  I forgot to say there were three threads about his birthday.

7. Invader

Invader Ancient Mariner

Three?  I thought four...

8. Powergirl81

Powergirl81 Trooper

I should have titled my thread "Happy Birthday Brucey", but I titled it "I'm getting a head start on this one!" cuz of you Europeans who are at least 5 hours ahead of me in the Eastern US... :D

I had the first "official" Brucey birthday thread!  :innocent:

By the way, 4 years ago today, I saw my 2nd Maiden show!! 8-8-03!  :yey:

9. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

10. Powergirl81

Powergirl81 Trooper

Call me a softie or what not, but I have been listening to Accident Of Birth a lot recently and my Flash drive plays the songs in alphabetical order, not track order. So after the title track came on, Arc Of Space came on. On the album it's the last track, right?

Well...tears came to my eyes hearing it on my way to work at 7AM this morning... :blush:
    That is one hell of a ballad!

11. Invader

Invader Ancient Mariner

If you want to hear it in album order, then just put the track number in front of the file name.  Eg. "6. Road to Hell".  That's what I did with my old MP3 player.

Oh, and sorry for being a bit off topic.

12. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Or buy an iPod.

13. Raven

Raven Ancient Mariner

HAHAHA!  Oh, LC, you're pure gold...a true stand-up.

Anyway, if your flash drive can't read ID3 tags, then you'll need to put the track number as part of the file name...that'll work then.

14. LooseCannon

The new iPods are pretty spiff, imo.  160 gb?  It's actually too much.  The first iPod I can't fill.

15. Invader

Invader Ancient Mariner

160 GB?  That's bigger than my whole freakin' hard drive!

But the Nano with video qualities and cover flow does interest me...  :wub:

16. LooseCannon

Yeah, they look pretty sweet too.  And the iPod Touch is just gorgeous.

17. Invader

Invader Ancient Mariner

Don't even mention it. :wub:  It's a shame I got my iPod just 9 months ago (for christmas, actually).  Now, for the same price, I could have gotten an 8Gb one (instead of 4), AND with video qualities.

18. SneakySneaky

SneakySneaky Trooper

Yeah,  and after another 9 months,  the same 8 gb will cost even less.  It's how it works man  ;).

19. seely

seely Trooper

Really? I've got a 30 gb one and i'm having a hard time filling it!!!

20. Lovro

Lovro Invader

Back to the topic. I recently found out that a song I had on my computer was indeed Ayreon`s Into the black hole.
    Why am I sayng this? Because Bruce sings the song, which is really good. Here`s the link if you haven`t heard it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVCDnE4rYgo