Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
yngwie-malmsteen-bok-av-anders-tengner.jpg

As I see, between fights with the Alien, Ellen Ripley played some guitar..

Announcement of announcement of the announcement of announcement.
Do you guys remember the announcement for the show Maiden were supposed to do in Manila in 2020?

The promoter had a countdown that ended up being the announcement of a announcement. I think they jumped the gun and were gonna announce it too soon.

Will he only play festivals? I know it's sometimes recommended as a strategy for small bands who want to expand their audience and get their name out further, but that doesn't fit here .
I think many millenials who are metal fan don’t know that the Maiden singer have solo albums. At least Bruce’s manager think so

Skunkworks finally clicked for me after all these years. Most of the songs from the album. Bruce must be the only musician who can make me to like this style. It can't beat his metal stuff, but it has a certain vibe that is really cool.

I wouldn't mind hearing some of the songs live on the upcoming tour, but he didn't play anything from the album during the metal tours (1997-1999) so I doubt it. Songs like ''Inertia'', ''Faith'', ''Solar Confinement'', ''Innerspace''.

Btw, isn't this one of Bruce's own favorite solo albums along with TCW or I'm mistaken?

I really like Skunkworks, probably my third favourite of his solo efforts after Chemical Wedding and Accident of Birth. I'm not sure his voice entirely suits the material (somewhat lacking in grit) but that doesn't take away from my enjoyment of it. I hope we get at least Back from the Edge on the upcoming tour.

I'm not sure his voice entirely suits the material (somewhat lacking in grit) but that doesn't take away from my enjoyment of it.
I think it suits quite well. His early 90's voice (No Prayer/Fear era) wouldn't be that good for this album. The clean vocals are very important for the mood of it.

Skunkworks finally clicked for me after all these years. Most of the songs from the album. Bruce must be the only musician who can make me to like this style. It can't beat his metal stuff, but it has a certain vibe that is really cool.

I wouldn't mind hearing some of the songs live on the upcoming tour, but he didn't play anything from the album during the metal tours (1997-1999) so I doubt it. Songs like ''Inertia'', ''Faith'', ''Solar Confinement'', ''Innerspace''.

Btw, isn't this one of Bruce's own favorite solo albums along with TCW or I'm mistaken?

Better late than never!

It is a great album, massively underrated.

One of the primary motivations for Bruce to come back to Maiden was to not play clubs anymore. I don't think anything has changed in that regard, and thus, festivals.
From my point of view festivals have become a waste of time and money, if affordable ever at all. Paying hundrets of bucks for one or two interesting bands is a lousy trend. It becomes absurd when looking at Wacken e.g. Sold out while not a single band is confirmed at that point of time. It is more a beer and BBQ festival, a lifestyle thing. Well, if the weather is fine.

Paying hundrets of bucks for one or two interesting bands is a lousy trend. It becomes absurd when looking at Wacken e.g. Sold out while not a single band is confirmed at that point of time. It is more a beer and BBQ festival, a lifestyle thing. Well, if the weather is fine.
I have experienced both things to be true. I know of people who plan their vacation and holiday period around rock festivals just to travel there and hang out. I was with a gang some years ago where it was more drinking and hanging out than actual concert/gig visits. We were there all of the days, too.

Conversely, I bought a one-day ticket last year just to see Iron Maiden there. There was virtually nothing else that caught my interest that day - except hearing Resurrection By Erection from Powerwolf live, but that was just a benefit of having that stage behind me while facing the stage that Iron Maiden would play on. I drove there for 90 minutes and arrived there two hours prior to Iron Maiden's performance.

Even with only the 4-5 acts announced for Sweden Rock Festival next year, it seems to be a whole lot more interesting than 2023's in general (sans Maiden). I could imagine hanging out there for more than one day if there are great lineups spread across just the right days.

Back