Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Interesting... From Amazon: “This book tells the full story of Bruce Dickinson’s Skunkworks solo band from 1994-96 by the people who were there, the musicians, crew, journalists, fans and friends of the band including Chris Dale, Alex Elena, Jack Endino, Andy Carr, Dicki Fliszar, Roland Grapow, Doogie White, Blaze Bayley and many more.”
As with the Sarajewo movie, the most important person besides Bruce, Alex Dickson, is missing. I hope he’s okay!

Interesting... From Amazon: “This book tells the full story of Bruce Dickinson’s Skunkworks solo band from 1994-96 by the people who were there, the musicians, crew, journalists, fans and friends of the band including Chris Dale, Alex Elena, Jack Endino, Andy Carr, Dicki Fliszar, Roland Grapow, Doogie White, Blaze Bayley and many more.”
As with the Sarajewo movie, the most important person besides Bruce, Alex Dickson, is missing. I hope he’s okay!
He's completely off the radar now apparently. Chris Dale said on the Skunkworks group he hasn't spoken to him in over two years :(

That looks like a great book. I hope it will not only be available at Amazon.
I'd rather have ordered it from else where too but I think it's being printed on demand by Amazon. I've ordered a copy and should be able to confirm that on Friday.

Edit: Just in case anyone is curious, it is printed by Amazon on demand.

Last edited:
I was wondering if this is the case. Good to know!
The book has received Bruce’s blessing. “We went for a couple of pints a few months back,” Chris says, “and I told him all about it. He smiled and said it was a great idea.”

Is there a true story behind Son of a Gun? If so any details?

Maybe the best goosebumps moment from Bruce "take me to Jesus, with Judas my guide!"

Is there a true story behind Son of a Gun? If so any details?

Maybe the best goosebumps moment from Bruce "take me to Jesus, with Judas my guide!"

I was listening to Alive in Studio A yesterday, hence the question above. Also, I noticed a rhythm guitar on Tears of a Dragon, and there's this pic in the booklet
Ni0yMjUyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Bruce is playing a tele in the pic bottom right. So it must be him playing on Tears of a Dragon. Was this a regular thing, and did he play on anymore tracks?

I was listening to Alive in Studio A yesterday, hence the question above. Also, I noticed a rhythm guitar on Tears of a Dragon, and there's this pic in the booklet
Ni0yMjUyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Bruce is playing a tele in the pic bottom right. So it must be him playing on Tears of a Dragon. Was this a regular thing, and did he play on anymore tracks?
Bruce did play on acoustic and electric renditions of "Tears of the Dragon" alongside Alex Dickson. He also used to join Alex Elena on the drums during "Fire" in the first leg of the BTP tour (he had started on a whim and then he did it regularly).

New interview with Bruce:

The new solo album is done at 70%. He wrote 2 new songs with Roy when he was in LA the other day and recorded them. He has finished songs since 2015, when he first started working on the album.

He said the album will contain a 9 minutes long song that evolved out of a jam from the AOB era (''Midnight Jam''?). According to Bruce, it's a fairy tale, it's dark and moody and it's incredible. This will be the longest solo song of Bruce.

He will not call the album If Eternity Should Fail, but will include the song in it (maybe as the album opener). The album is half of a concept album with series of characters and stories.

He also said that he sang ''Kill Devil Hill'' (and ''Children Of The Damned'' too) during one of his shows. Hope someone will share it.

''If you're going to do a cappella, the big challenge is doing it after two hours of talking, which is terrible for your voice and all the rest of it. I sort of warm my way into it. The worst thing is trying to start in the right bloody key, because I've got no note to take it from. So I have to kind of do it from muscle memory, which works quite a bit of the time. When I did ‘Kill Devil Hill’, I actually had to take the thing a half step down in the middle of the chorus because I realized that some of the verse was in the next key up. It's kind of winging it, I don't do the whole song, I just do sort of like 30 seconds or so of it. And it's kind of cool because people hear the voice naked, which is unusual. They don't get to hear that. With Maiden it's completely different, because obviously everything is going to be in the right key, and it's in the same key as the original, so that's a whole different set of parameters that I'm looking forward to getting my chops around in May.

The crazy thing is with Maiden, the role of the singer varies. Sometimes it's really out front, and sometimes it's just an instrument, it's part of the ensemble. And as a singer, that's fine, you're in a band and that's the way music rolls. But it's nice sometimes to get things like texture, and not just the notes and not just the words, but the texture, the feeling, the soul behind the voice. That's hard to do in a lot of the Maiden stuff because it's so bang bang bang bang bang, you know? Then you get these lovely moments, like in ‘Blood Brothers’ and things like that, where it can really come out, the voice really has time to breathe. So it's not all like that. Certainly in the early days, there was like like ‘Phantom Of The Opera’ and then you have ‘The Trooper’, which is an unbelievable classic song''.

Back