Bruce Dickinson

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2006.

1. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

My favourite is The Chemical Wedding, which I think is one of the best things he has ever done, Maiden albums included. I find it better than some of the albums Maiden released during the 80s.

Azas and Zare like this.
  2. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

I don't like compairing albums in too much detail, as it often boils down to people trying to talk other people out of liking things, tearing down albums rather than building them up.

In that regards, Skunkworks, Accident of Birth and the Chemical Wedding would be albums that I consider in the same bracket as Maiden's 12 best albums. TM, BTP and TOS are albums that I would consider in the same ball park as Maiden's 90's albums. I can find something to enjoy on all Maiden and Bruce solo albums.

3. Spambot

Spambot Nomad

4. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

5. GhostofCain

He gets bronze. :D

Palpy, Spambot and Black Wizard like this.
  6. GhostofCain

New date in Helsinki added to the book tour:

13/01/2019 Teatro dal Verme, Milan, Italy
    15/01/2019 Kulttuuritalo, Helsinki, Finland
    24/02/2019 Arenberg, Antwerp, Belgium
    28/02/2019 TivoliVredenburg, Utrecht, The Netherlands

7. Black Wizard

This book tour will go on for longer than Maiden England. ::)

KidInTheDark666 likes this.
  8. Spambot

Spambot Nomad

Sorry, didn't saw it in last couple of pages. At least Monty Python reference makes lees sense now.

And I wouldn't have anything against it if he wasn't visiting same places. Meanwhile, with announcement of Bruce book dates, those gaps between for possible new album get shorter and shorter.

9. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Utrecht: 80 euro!
    Insanely expensive.

10. GhostofCain

The dates announced so far are around mid January (13th and 15th) and late February (24th and 28th), leaving plenty of time for recording an album in, let's say Paris, in between those dates. I am not saying Maiden would be recording an album then though. :D

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  11. GhostofCain

Yes, that is expensive. You should have come to the London one. I paid £30 for my ticket. :D

12. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 Ghost of Benjamin Breeg

Damn, that's my 18th birthday...And I will almost certainly be drinking somewhere that night

13. Black Wizard

Foro was at the London event!

14. GhostofCain

Was he? I didn't know that! It would have been a nice opportunity to meet him.

15. Black Wizard

He was sitting on the balcony near the back in case you were nearby. I was in front of Rod.

16. GhostofCain

My seat was on the floor area.

17. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

Regarding the best album discussion that came and went - you all know my pick, but honestly I hold that every Bruce album is of the same quality as the Maiden records. Some bland songs here and there, but as albums they hold together well.

18. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

I'm having a deja-vu here. Pretty certain we've informed each other that we were in London (afterwards, that is ;) ).

19. GhostofCain

Could be. Next time let's do it before the event takes place. :)

Forostar likes this.
  20. Xennon

Xennon Educated Fool

Once again I should write: his presence in FOI is fantastic in this tour. So strong, theatrical tone, and always surprising in each performance.

I wish we had 4 Bruces to do the chorus in different frequency ranges.

Diesel 11 likes this.