Bruce Dickinson

What is your point?

edit: Aha, you mean I should add these credits. Alright, thanks.

My pleasure!

Exactly, it is just for accuracy's sake. The first two bits are Dickinson's, the last one was co-written with the musicians from Saga. :) I had completely forgotten about it until I checked the singles at home yesterday.

Last edited:
Most people who have heard Bruce's music have probably not read that interview. I hadn't internet before 1998 and more important:
For a long time I was under the impression that people who are mentioned on records play on the music I'm hearing on those records. I am sure that was (and still is) the same for a lot of other music lovers.

Don't forget the Last Bit is credited to Dickinson/Chrichton/Baker, as per songwriting credits on the single. :)
I think I've recently seen this somewhere, but where is it? I'd like to see a source, can you help me with this?

edit: never mind, you said it's on the single.

Last edited:
For a long time I was under the impression that people who are mentioned on records play on the music I'm hearing on those records. I am sure that was (and still is) the same for a lot of other music lovers.

The Bruce Dickinson singles from 1994 credit the producer and songwriters of each track included, but do not include any information about the musicians who recorded the songs (that applies also to the A-sides).

It is not an uncommon practice in the music business. Many musicians work doing studio sessions: they get paid for their work but their names do not necessarily appear on the records, especially if they were not band members or anything like that at the time (e.g. Jimmy Page during the 60s).

I think I've recently seen this somewhere, but where is it? I'd like to see a source, can you help me with this?

I posted it here:

https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/bruce-dickinson.11858/page-125#post-772878

If you want a visual proof of it, here it is:

sam_1240.jpg

That should give you an indication of the type of information included on the 1994 singles.

Last edited:
Oh wow! That's so interesting! I'd give anything for the Keith Olsen produce project to have been completed and released. I wonder if the No Way Out songs were from that because those are quite synth heavy.

So that arrangement wasn't made for the Tribuzy show. It's great live too!

Oh wow! That's so interesting! I'd give anything for the Keith Olsen produce project to have been completed and released. I wonder if the No Way Out songs were from that because those are quite synth heavy.

No way Out... Continued is from the Keith Olsen sessions. No Way Out... To Be Continued predates it and is from the sessions produced by Chris Tsangarides.

You can find all the information here:

https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/bruce-dickinson.11858/page-125#post-772878

These views on FOTD, on if that made them modern or not. Unimportant.

Sorry, I was going off on a tangent there. The long and short of it was, I agree with you that Bruce's reasons for leaving Maiden maybe weren't totally as virtuous as is often portrayed, and I concede to have somewhat bitter feelings about Bruce leaving Maiden at the time especially his comments about Maiden during 93-98, however, ultimately everything worked out for the best for everyone concerned and if things had happened the way I might have wished them in 1993 then it's likely we wouldn't have either Maiden or Bruce solo anymore.

That is good to hear!

I wonder if he was made aware by whomever got in touch with him that the songs he played guitar on, which were used as B-sides back in the day when he was still managed by Rod, were just repackaged by Sanctuary as bonus tracks on a bonus CD to an album in which he did not play a single note. :D

Makes me wonder why he chose Facebook to bring this to light. Had he been rebuffed by management and had to resort to a public platform or was FB his first recourse?
And interesting the difference in the handling of this compared to the current Maiden case. Is it because Gray actually deserved his money while the Bazza/Wilcock case against Maiden is spurious? Or is the difference in handling down to the difference in attitude between Steve and Bruce? Or maybe Management couldn't be bothered with another case. Or maybe its to do with the sums involved, Maidens being much bigger.

Many questions, I've no answers or real opinions.

@GhostofCain didn't you lately mention some other Keith Olsen album songtitles? Can't find it anymore. Maybe I read it somewhere else.

Titles of songs that weren't released.

edit: sorry, I just see it is on the Balls wikipedia page:

Other songs from these sessions that have yet to surface on any Dickinson release include "Man of Sorrows" (re-recorded for Accident of Birth; an older demo version from 1990 appears on The Best of Bruce Dickinson), "Original Sin" and "Thank Heaven".

Last edited:
Makes me wonder why he chose Facebook to bring this to light. Had he been rebuffed by management and had to resort to a public platform or was FB his first recourse?

He probably chose Facebook because some people seems to think that is the way of communicating things in the 21st century. Had he been rebuffed we would have heard about this instead of hearing nice words about Rod and Andy, don't you think?

And interesting the difference in the handling of this compared to the current Maiden case. Is it because Gray actually deserved his money while the Bazza/Wilcock case against Maiden is spurious? Or is the difference in handling down to the difference in attitude between Steve and Bruce? Or maybe Management couldn't be bothered with another case. Or maybe its to do with the sums involved, Maidens being much bigger.

Many questions, I've no answers or real opinions.

Myke Gray has probably been paid some money for his performance on the tracks included in the 2005 reissue of Balls to Picasso, which effectively are the same tracks that were released back in 1994. He did not have any songwriting credits back then and the fact that Bruce credited other people he co-wrote songs with (Crichton, Baker) leads me to believe that Myke Gray did not co-write the material.

Last edited:
Back