Bruce Dickinson

Original Sin is the only song that has not been released as far as I can remember (or at least it is the only songtitle I can remember Bruce mentioning).

Honestly, and contrary to everything else Bruce says and does (as in says he won't do this or that, does it a few years down the line), I don't think this will ever be released.

I would very much like to hear it though. Like I said before I thought it would have been BALLSY had he released the Olsen sessions.

Bruce best solo album is ''Accident Of Birth'' !

And I think it is the only album that can compare with Maiden's golden albums from the 80's.

Skunkworks ain't half bad either, nor is Balls To Picasso. In fact his solo releases are, in many, many cases, stronger (and more diverse) than his reunion material I feel.

Reactions: Jer
Skunkworks ain't half bad either, nor is Balls To Picasso. In fact his solo releases are, in many, many cases, stronger (and more diverse) than his reunion material I feel.

These two albums can't touch AOB ! All reunion albums are very strong, but the only album that can compare with them or with the classics from the 80's is AOB - this album is like SSOASS part 2.

I like the cut of your jib, buddy! You’ve got moxie.

Random post time:

I've been thinking over the whole Scream For Me Sarajevo thing and reading more of Bruce's book and suddenly wondered what the soundtrack to What Does This Button Do? could be. So I've taken it upon myself to make one...

Chapter - Song
  • Foreword: "Mars Within" (Bruce Dickinson) - It's a nice introduction piece that would fit the book's first flight story.
  1. Born in '58: "Born in '58" (Bruce Dickinson) - I mean, what else could you pick for it? Good song that fits with the beginning tale of Bruce's life.
  2. Life on Mars: "Road to Hell" (Bruce Dickinson) - Kinda tough to choose but given this deals with his family life and he wasn't keen on his parents (nor they on him), "Road to Hell" seems to work in this context (and certainly with the "family inventions" line).
  3. If You Want Skool, You Got It: "Wildest Dreams" (Iron Maiden) - We see Bruce kinda getting onto his own path with his own dreams and formulating some of the things he was be interested in later in life - hence why the song would work so well here.
  4. Angelic Upstart: "Revelations" (Iron Maiden) - Well, this chapter deals in Bruce's first forays into religion, so there's little better to use as the song here.
  5. The Kipper's Revenge: "Son of a Gun" (Bruce Dickinson) - It's a bit of an angry chapter and I think the song echoes it.
  6. An Unexpected Journey: "Space Truckin'" (Iron Maiden) - Bruce finally becomes interested in music, so the cover of the Deep Purple song - a band which inspired him greatly - fits this part of the tale well.
  7. Lock Up Your Daughters: "No Lies" (Bruce Dickinson) - Fits the title.
  8. Minibusted: "Prowler '88" (Iron Maiden) - Kinda fits Bruce's band-hunting era.
  9. Going to the Dogs: "Dracula" (Bruce Dickinson / Shots) - His first recorded song makes its appearance.
  10. Dope Opera: "Hammerhead" (Samson) - Early Dickinson song with his second most famous band.
  11. A Heavy Metal Crusade: "Riding with the Angels" (Samson) - Another Samson song given the period the book takes place in.
  12. Ham of the Gods: "Invaders" (Iron Maiden) - He's infiltrated the boys.
  13. Neighbour of the Beast: "The Number of the Beast" (Iron Maiden) - And this is where the legacy all began.
  14. The Big Dipper: "Run to the Hills" (Iron Maiden) - Explosive song for an explosive time.
  15. On the Bandwagon: "Hallowed Be Thy Name" Live from Beast over Hammersmith (Iron Maiden) - TNOTB tour stuff.
  16. New Battery: "Where Eagles Dare" (Iron Maiden) - New drummer, new album.
  17. Organ Pipes: "Aces High" (Iron Maiden) - It's a chapter about singing so take one of his best songs vocally.
  18. Powerslave: "Powerslave" (Iron Maiden) - Well, duh.
  19. Iron Curtains: "2 Minutes To Midnight" (Iron Maiden) - Powerslave song that fits the Soviet Union kinda thing here.
  20. Snow, Leather and Bondage: "Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)" (Iron Maiden) - Kinda how Bruce felt.
  21. The Boys from Brazil: "Flight of Icarus" Live from Live After Death (Iron Maiden) - Bruce is flying awfully close to the sun.
  22. Much Ado About Cutting: "Flash of the Blade" (Iron Maiden) - Fencing stuff!
  23. You'll Believe a Drummer Can Fly: "Caught Somewhere In Time" (Iron Maiden) - SiT.
  24. Double Dutch: "Wasted Years" (Iron Maiden) - Crazy Birch tales.
  25. You Cannot Be Serious: "Deja Vu" (Iron Maiden) - Feel like I've been here before.
  26. Moonchild: "Moonchild" (Iron Maiden) - Well hey.
  27. Slaughtering Daughters: "Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter" (Bruce Dickinson) - Well... the title.
  28. Fault Lines: "No Prayer For The Dying" (Iron Maiden) - The "dying" being Bruce's first stint with Maiden.
  29. Wing Nut: "Silver Wings" (Bruce Dickinson) - Flying time begins.
  30. Out of the Frying Pan: "Tears of the Dragon" (Bruce Dickinson) - Severing the sacred lifeline now.
  31. Into the Fire: "Inertia" (Bruce Dickinson) - It's about the war, so...
  32. Radio Pirate: "Back from the Edge" (Bruce Dickinson) - RIP Skunkworks.
  33. Edison and the Light Bulb Moment: "Accident of Birth" (Bruce Dickinson) - Metal time.
  34. Brain Swap: "Chemical Wedding" (Bruce Dickinson) - And so we lay...
  35. Feet Wet in the Goose: "The Wicker Man" (Iron Maiden) - Maiden time begins again.
  36. To Fly, To Swerve: "Brave New World" (Iron Maiden) - Truly a brave new world for everyone.
  37. Black September: "Omega" (Bruce Dickinson) - 9/11 did feel like the end of the world for a time.
  38. A Close Shave: "A Tyranny of Souls" (Bruce Dickinson) - Could've opted for a Maiden track but eh.
  39. The Spruce Bruce: "Rainmaker" (Iron Maiden) - There's your DoD song.
  40. What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: "Different World" (Iron Maiden) - Tell me what you can hear...
  41. Bruce Air: "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" live from Flight 666 (Iron Maiden) - Breaking out the big boys.
  42. Alchemy: "The Tower" (Bruce Dickinson) - Well I already used "Chemical Wedding"...
  43. Bitter Experience: "Coming Home" (Iron Maiden) - Cry time.
  44. To Ride the Storm: "Empire of the Clouds" (Iron Maiden) - And damn the rest, oblivion.
  45. Fuck Cancer: "The Trooper" live from The Book of Souls: Live Chapter (Iron Maiden) - That's Brucie for ya.
  • Afterword: "Freak" (Bruce Dickinson) - All things considered, Bruce is a goddamn freak of nature.
Well that was a fun way to spend an hour! Feel free to scroll past. :ok:

I like the cut of your jib, buddy! You’ve got moxie.

I do indeed, @Jer jer baby. Moxie, cojones is what I bring to the table. You bring the bright, insightful, clever analysis - soon we'll overpower the soft middle aged Maiden fans in faded Maiden shirts they bought in 1988 whilst refusing the notion that Iron Maiden were a power metal band then and are now burned out.

Wow, I retract everything I've written (or mostly) because then he was being BALLSY indeed. So much so it could be spelled Balze.

Mods, I'd like this person to be banned from Dickinson/reunion or related discussions because he brings nothing to the table but noise.
Days after days I'm clicking on notifications for threads I follow only to see this "John Silver" and his incoherent ramblings. Who gives a fuck what you consider ballsy? Add to the discussion with something others can follow up to, or just do what frustrated people do - jerk off and write a blog.

Mods, I'd like this person to be banned from Dickinson/reunion or related discussions because he brings nothing to the table but noise.
Days after days I'm clicking on notifications for threads I follow only to see this "John Silver" and his incoherent ramblings. Who gives a fuck what you consider ballsy? Add to the discussion with something others can follow up to, or just do what frustrated people do - jerk off and write a blog.
So harsh...

I see no reason why a noble don shouldn't post rubbish if feeling like it.
Thank you, A. Strugatsky, B. Strugatsky.

@John Silver - can you please tone things down a bit and stay on topic. Thank you.

Oh was I not on topic. I was merely writing about Bruce's Balls To Picasso in the Bruce Dickinson subforum. Seems a legit place to do so. But hey, your forum, your rules.
@Zare why not get your own Maiden forum, then you can ban me like crazy.

Trying to stay on topic and tone myself down all at the same instant, buddies:
I was thinking - had Bruce decided to continue the Skunkworks experiment he had going. I know songs were written or being written, would his music career endured or not. @GhostofCain , @Jer thoughts?

Back