Bruce Dickinson: Rock ‘n’ Roll Warmonger

This post contains edits, since I regret some words I said (misled by wrong information).

Naturally we need more info to be sure what's going on. Even if there's no proof of a turd, I already don't like the smell of this.

Last edited:
So, you would not be involved in aircraft manufacturing either ... they make war planes out of those you know?

It is also amusing how easily people want to believe the worst of people based on no real information.

It is also amusing how easily people want to believe the worst of people based on no real information.
Exactly, it's actually kinda sad that we're doing this to a person we'd normally admire.

But surely you'd except (regardless of what they could possibly be used for) drones, as far as we know, have been used for nothing particularly respectful? i.e. spying & killing.

It is also amusing how easily people do not want to believe anything.
It's not that people don't want to believe anything, I just don't want to slander and judge the guy based on an article without any sources for facts.

The article in question is a clear case of someone with an agenda grasping on to a single statement and using it build an argument that suits his purpose without any investigation. Our standards on this site are usually much higher.

By all means continue talking about it, but please do so in the context of "would you have a problem if Bruce was..."

It is also amusing how easily people do not want to believe anything.
Based on no real source ... it would be foolish to believe that without some additional proof. I do not believe anything I read on the internet unless it is confirmed.

As for drones, I'll take National Geographic in general and this article in particular as it is sourced as a good source and it shows civilian uses of drones, some from military surplus, most from military technology and the benefits they provide to civilian life. Pretty much the same as how aircraft were greatly revolutionized during WWII and that was used to great civilian benefit.

It is a very similar thing of two similar technologies.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...manned-domicopter-flight-civilian-helicopter/

By all means continue talking about it, but please do so in the context of "would you have a problem if Bruce was..."
Glad to see someone trying to keep the discussion going instead of only condemning others who dare to have an opinion.
edit: make that: a negative opinion.

I said my conclusion was premature (I meant that I can always change it, and I will do that if there's a reason for that). If it is true I would have a problem with it. Next question is: what would I do? Would I never go to a Maiden gig again? Hard to imagine that.

By keep the discussion going, I think you mean "Drones are inherently evil, the only question now is if Bruce is involved in this evil"

I think "I hear drones cause a great many civilian fatalities, although this isn't there intended use, therefore they should be used with extreme caution. I'd be concerned if someone I respected was involved in making them" would be closer.

Back