Bruce Dickinson: Rock ‘n’ Roll Warmonger

Evil drones

Predator drone is joining the 4,000 firefighters working to contain the giant 12-day-old fire in the Sierra Nevada. The California National Guard drone will fly 22-hour missions to surveil the fire, allowing officials to study its movement and view far-flung corners of the blaze. It’s not the first drone to be used in firefighting, but it will conduct the longest missions ever attempted. The fire is moving at the pace of a slow walk, and has already burned 192,000 acres of forest. Officials say it is 30 percent contained, and they expect to have it under control in three weeks.

Is this going to be the official drone thread now? James May once built a drone - the French got all paranoid and refused to let it into their airspace. Therefore Top Gear is clearly evil and sinister and we should never watch it ever again.

Evil micro-drones menaced spectators at the Bournemouth Air Show today - controlled not-too-remotely by a guy in a booth hoping to sell a few at £40 a piece. Next year I'm going to take an air pistol ... :D

Pricey...my drone cost about £20 from Argos. Mind you, one of the rotors has fallen off now.

Well done for digging that lot out - excellent work!:ok:
Thanks - and thanks for your insight about Brucie's share in all of this, too.

Bruce is not by this account a major shareholder
Major enough to be mentioned on the interview ;)

This confirms everything a I posted above as well as what @Black Abyss Babe assumed regarding Bruce's part as an investor.

MaidenFans — 1
Haters — 0

Last edited:
Way to go everyone. Good skepticism shown and now validated by Bruce. I bet he'd be happy to see how everyone wasn't willing to believe this story straight away.

Way to go everyone. Good skepticism shown and now validated by Bruce. I bet he'd be happy to see how everyone wasn't willing to believe this story straight away.
I think he'd also be pleased that no-one dismissed it out of hand, however unlikely they thought it or how little they liked the idea. As Maiden and Bruce fans we could have let out enthusiasm carry us into a pro-Bruce bias but instead everyone said "we want facts". Said facts then very shortly appeared thanks to the work of Natalie and pilau - facts which exonerated Bruce and blew the whole DorsetEye thing out of the water totally and the conversation then turned to the perils of sloppy (or no) research and how to defend Bruce's good name against this quite frankly appalling slander. (Then Bruce himself heard the story and was quite happy to clarify the situation.) So now our confidence and pride in Bruce and his good judgement is stronger because we know it to be well-founded, but we wouldn't be able to have this confidence if we hadn't been prepared to face the possibility that he could turn out to have feet of clay.

So everyone, your objectivity does you credit!:)

Major enough to be mentioned on the interview ;)
Possibly, but in this context it's just as likely he's been singled out for mention simply because his name is the most recognisable.

If anyone is actually interested in this point (now we know Bruce's good name to be untarnished) then I could find out, but if no-one is then I won't bother because I couldn't do it for free.:)

I just can't believe that Bruce's working-class-Tory-toff delusion is now grown so great that he can say stuff like 'thinking in the truest sense of the word outside the envelope' with a straight face AND get paid for it.

BUT he did help make my favourite album of all time, and what he does in his spare time won't change that!

:lol:

Apologies for bumping the thread, but I was searching "Manic Street Preachers" and ended up finding this thread and this spot on post from @clivetiger

Back