Black Metal

Heard Ancient yet? (At least their 1994-1995 work should be considered: Svartalvheim album and Trolltaar MCD).

Last edited:
New Enslaved album is fucking incredible. 4th flawless album in a row. It's probably their proggiest album so far, they never used keyboards and clean vocals so much before. They also used saxophone on one song. Lots of choirs, not so much black metal shrieking or blast beats, but it still sounds like Enslaved.

Didn't like it at all on the 1st listen, but that was the case with every Enslaved album I've heard, so I recommend you guys to spin them a few more times.

At Axis Of The Worlds right now. Incredible, as you say. Just realized the only bands whose new releases I'm generally looking forward to are Primordial, Enslaved and My Dying Bride. Feathers Of Eolh started while typing.

OK, now that we know Ulver can be Darkthrone, and Depeche Mode, can they be Dead Can Dance as well?

Merry Christmas Black Metallers:

From Sear Bliss facebook:

We got the news some days ago that a one and only piece of custom vinyl version was made by one of our fans from our Phantoms 20th Anniversary bootleg recording. (https://www.instagram.com/p/BdAnI4PgCoz/?taken-by=akos1987)
This inspired us to make that material free to download until the end of this year. A high quality version of the cover artwork and a CD sticker can also be downloaded for free. This way you can make your own handmade copy of it. To download these, visit the Sear Bliss Bandcamp site!

Sear Bliss Bandcamp:

https://searbliss.bandcamp.com/releases

Last edited:
I'm not overly familiar with Summoning but I'm giving their new album With Doom We Come a try (first metal album of 2018 for me) Anyone else heard it yet?

Great cover art.

a3083907648_10.jpg

2018 starting off with a lot of Black Metal...besides above mentioned Summoning. Abigor and Watain are also both out with new albums.

I'm not overly familiar with Summoning but I'm giving their new album With Doom We Come a try (first metal album of 2018 for me) Anyone else heard it yet?

Great cover art.

a3083907648_10.jpg
I listened to it yesterday, pretty good but I’m not sure how it qualifies as black metal. Lots of folky sounds and a bit of doom. Very Tolkien influenced too. I’ll probably listen to it again.

Yeah it's definitely more of an atmospheric/ambient album. Only the vocals and the occasional guitar have the trademark black metal sound.

Back