Best Maiden Song

Thanks! :p

See, this is what happens when school is over....I spend all my time on here...:blush:

Anomica said:
Have a praise for your keen eyes, dear ;)
That was well spotted. I barely remember what I posted the other day, let alone what someone else had posted a while back. :huh:

:D

Wow, what a list! ...But my fave Maiden song? Tough! I'll give you my top 10..or 15... :lol:

Wasted Years...Paschendale...
7th Son Of A 7th Son
Flash Of the Blade! The guitar harmonies are awesome!  :yey:
Aces High Wicker Man
Dream Of Mirrors
Wildest Dreams
Rainmaker
Still Life...I really like this song 
Flight Of Icarus
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Benjamin Breeg
Nomad.. Davey's intro is killer!
Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Best Paul songs? Killers, Charlotte the Harlot, Wrathchild, Phantom Of the Opera, Murders In the Rue Morgue

Now I shall play the part of He Who Must Not be Named and point out that the title of this thread is Best Maiden SONG. Notice it is singular. Notice also how I point it out politely which could be unlike You Know Who. :p

Natalie said:
Now I shall play the part of He Who Must Not be Named and point out that the title of this thread is Best Maiden SONG. Notice it is singular. Notice also how I point it out politely which could be unlike You Know Who. :p

If only you did not do the same thing the first time you posted your "favourite song" (singular).  :p

Sorry, I got carried away there.

PASCHENDALE!  :D

But Wasted Years is really close!...it's not long enough, only 5:07 vs. 8:28

Tough call. For me it's a toss-up between Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, The Sign of the Cross (Rock in Rio version) and Paschendale.

Probably Brighter than a Tousand Suns because it's consistently amazing all the way through. Paschendale has a few relatively weak parts and The Sign of the Cross has only 2-2.5 minutes of singing, which is disappointing because the lyrics are great, and Bruce's vocals are amazing (nothing against the Blaze version).

I have not heard all of the songs as of yet.  So I really can't make an assessment until I buy DOD/BNW/V XI
and x/factor.  Most anticipated song I want to hear is "Paschendale".  Also, I really want to know what Journeyman,
Blood Brothers, Wicker Man, Futureal and Sign of the cross sound like.  I don't have a clue or a sound card to even take a peek at them. :(

Dance of death is on its way; Via mail as I speak.  So maybe this weekend I will get the chance to enjoy one of my favorite bands....

Paschendale.  Hands down.  Paschendale.  Paschenfuckingdale, as SMX says.

It's really perfect in every way.

LooseCannon said:
Paschendale.  Hands down.  Paschendale.  Paschenfuckingdale, as SMX says.

It's really perfect in every way.
Frankly my dear I now know what the fuss is all about!  Paschendale is my best Maiden song...for today, tomorrow and always!  And to add more hype to this song I must say I have been waiting for a song like this for many years.  INDEED H is amazing p-girl.  I see why you worship him so much :cla

Powergirl81 said:
If Paschendale wasn't written, it would be Wasted Years for me...one day I hope H will sing lead on that song...just once...even though it was written 21 years ago...  :blush:

I can dream, right?  :blush:
Wasted Years was indeed 21 years ago....ok I'm feeling aged here.  And yes please keep up on the dreams; maybe add a prayer while your at it?

Maiden is the hardest band for me to choose a favorite song from, so I'll list five, in no specific order:

The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
Judgement Of Heaven
Rainmaker

My favorites are:

Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Fear Of The Dark
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wasted Years
Futureal
Still Life  (a very underrated song)

Phantom of the Opera. Doesn't matter what version but to me best are the original debut album version, followed closely by the version from the Rainbow in '81.

Top 5
Phantom of the Opera
Transylvania
Prowler
Wrathchild
Genghis Khan

Back