Best Maiden Song

My simple human mind cannot even begin to comprehend such an unsolveable question.
I mean, i have 3 albums worth of Favourite songs.

Right, here goes... To just listen has to be The Legacy, to play guitar along with has to be Hallowed be thy name, to watch the video for gotta be Can i play with madness and finally watching live is either Ancient Mariner from Live after Death or Flight 666

An update for me:

1. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
3. Paschendale
4. The Longest Day
5. 2 Minutes To Midnight
6. The Trooper
7. The Clairvoyant
8. Woman In Uniform
9. The Wicker Man
10. Aces High

B' Side has to be Reach Out! Praised to be H!

Isn't this why we're having the Survivor thread? To find out the 'best' Maiden song?

For the record I nominate Powerslave. Always has been my favourite.

My top 10:
10. Remember Tomorrow
9. The Duellists
8. Killers
7. 22 Accacia Avenue
6. Alexander The Great
5. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
4. The Trooper
3. Phantom Of The Opera
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
1. Powerslave

1. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name (but not the studio version. That one is waaay further down my list.)
3. Moonchild
4. Powerslave
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. Aces High
8. The Longest Day
9. Revelations
10. Sign of the Cross

Very tough and changes day to day with a few exceptions. (My top 3 never change.) I can easily add any AMOLAD track or BNW. And I just had to remove the song SSOASS because I realized I didn't put Powerslave. :O So yeah. SSOASS is definitely up there somewhere.

Killers for me. I love the way the intro builds then the song ramps it up and just punches you hard in the face. The first time I saw the band live I was transfixed by Steve and Bruce leaping round the stage, and by the special effects with Eddie, but as soon as Killers came on I forgot all the goings on and got down to some serious headbanging.

To answer the impossible question: To Tame a Land

It's probably one of the most underrated Maiden songs too. Give it a listen if you don't' believe me.

1. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2. Alexander the Great
3. The Trooper
4. Aces High
5. Phantom of the Opera

Back