BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Uhmmmm....

tenor.gif

I thought you were the expert on singing here!

Yeah, he’s up there. But I was going more for preference. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t win.

Also, less expert, more has-a-bit-of-knowledge-and-very-strong-opinions.

Well, I prefer Bon Scott to his squeaky voiced successor, but I'm not a fan. I don't hear anything much special in Coverdale, and Belladonna is good at what he does, but I didn't think much of him when I heard him live. Voting for Cornell, but on the back of Soundgarden stuff, not this example. He has a distinctive style.

Voted for Bon, as is my national duty
It should be my Teesside duty to vote for Coverdale, but I'm not going to do it.

Last edited:
I like Coverdale. 80s Whitesnake soiled his reputation to some degree but his work in the 70s was really strong. Also Coverdale/Page is one of the great forgotten rock albums of the 90s.

I like Coverdale. 80s Whitesnake soiled his reputation to some degree but his work in the 70s was really strong. Also Coverdale/Page is one of the great forgotten rock albums of the 90s.

I like Coverdale as well. Bit unfair that Whitesnake soils his reputation, it's not for a lack of vocal chops that that music turned out the way it did. And Still of the Night is a killer tune.

I adore Bon Scott, but this is no contest.
Cornell is an absolute monster, who combines power and emotion like no one else.

I can say with utter confidence he scores full marks on every objective box while at the same time hitting the bullseye on my subjective personal taste. Im not sure if he is my all time favourite, but I would be perfectly content if he won this thing outright.

This whole video is worth watching, but the vocal parts get showcased at 5 minutes, just over 10 and around 11:30

I never really rated either of the AC/DC singers. Bon Scott was good, but I'm more used to Brian. Neither should really be in this game though.

Never really cared for Anthrax, or Belladonna. I feel like his voice is way more recognizable since he came back to Anthrax though. On this song he's really not anything special.

And also, never really rated Coverdale either. Those old hard rock voices do nothing for me.

So Chris Cornell wipes the floor with the competition as he had the biggest range, best bands and most unique voice.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 79:
Bon Scott
David Coverdale
Joey Belladonna

Promoted after Round 79:
Chris Cornell

Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth (OVERKILL)

Neil Fallon (CLUTCH)

Thebon (KEEP OF KALESSIN)

Tomi Joutsen (AMORPHIS, HALLATAR, SINISTHRA)

Yeah, Joutsen, I thought so. Great combination of clean vocal voice and a good growl, and he slips between the two so easily live. Such a stage presence too.

Back