BEST BAND EVER: Results!

I agree. He is fine as a backing vocalist but his singing style gets really annoying when he's given more presence. He is a good foil for a female singer and I like the stuff he's done with Delain, such as

but I gave his solo album a shot and it was pretty bad. He really shouldn't be in this tournament at all.

So, I don't know how that song proves anything other than:

1. It needs more Marco. Even hamming it up like he is there, he's the best part of the song.
2. That song is utterly atrocious.
3. Charlotte Wessels has one of the worst, lamest voices in "metal". She's the Rebecca Black of the symphonic metal scene.

He really shouldn't be in this tournament at all.
Thanks Mr. Tin Ear.

I wouldn’t say that Wessels is as bad as Rebecca Black, but she’s hardly interesting. The song just left me confused at what the lyrics are trying to get across. Marco is the only interesting thing about this.

Also, his solo album is hardly a good place to start with, if you’re listening to the English version. The lyrics are pretty terrible. I can see why his voice might not click at first but he’s got a lot of power and a lot of range and there’s no one that sounds quite like him, which makes him quite a lovable oddball.

What about him makes him “not belong in this game?” Joakim I can understand (even if I disagree) but Marco is clearly a talented vocalist with a career spanning some 34 years, and if you hadn’t listened to NP’s or my examples you should.

It’s fine to not like him, but come on, he clearly belongs in the game.

I'm voting for Grohl because he's better than Bach and those two are tied, but Marco is by far the best singer here. Grohl's voice is much more unique IMO. I also like Foo Fighters more than anything Bach ever did.

It's insulting to refer Marco as a backup singer because he has been a lead singer long before Nightwish ever existed. It's also insulting that Old Man Santiago has been used more on that shit last Nightwish album than Marco. I dunno about his solo album, never listened to it. But my point stands, and don't @ me.

Kurt Cobain's vocals worked for Nirvana, but he's never been the greatest singer.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 78:
Kurt Cobain
Marco Hietala
Sebastian Bach

Promoted after Round 78:
Dave Grohl

Bon Scott (AC/DC)

Chris Cornell (solo, AUDIOSLAVE, SOUNDGARDEN, TEMPLE OF THE DOG)

David Coverdale (DEEP PURPLE, WHITESNAKE)

Joey Belladonna (ANTHRAX)

All respectable singers, but Cornell ftw. Jesus Christ Pose has some of the best vocals ever.
Absolutely. I was a little bit perplexed by the choice of song for Cornell here, but if he advances, and he should, then there a lot of great song options to represent him in later rounds. Jesus Christ Pose would be perfect for a matchup against a difficult opponent later on in the game.

Bon Scott, his era of AC/DC is beyond anything post Back In Black has to offer. Even if 2 of his 5 albums with the band really aren't that good.

Chris Cornell beyond the shadow of a doubt.

If there were any justice in this world the top four in this game would end up being Dio, Chris Cornell, Russell Allen, and Floor Jansen. Clearly we live in a lawless society.

Back