BEST BAND EVER: Results!

As a die hard Primordial fan I love Nemtheanga's unique voice. Peter and Floor are also really good. But come on... it's Gillan.

I saw that previous post, but I was stuck deciding between Gillan and Floor. I'm still stuck.

xgL4eSV.gif

When we're talking about Ian Gillan we're simply talking about one of the most defining and potent voices of all times.
Could be, but that doesn't mean I have to like him.
Regardless, facepalm was a friendly humorous attempt to show a fellow Primordial fan the error of his ways :p

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 77:
A.A. Nemtheanga
Floor Jansen
Peter Tägtgren

Promoted after Round 77:
Ian Gillan

Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS, NIRVANA)

Kurt Cobain (NIRVANA)

Marco Hietala (NIGHTWISH, TAROT)

Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW)

Agreed... there's a lot of hugely talented musicians I simply don't appreciate.
But I simply had to pick Gillan. I mean... I witnessed the ascension of Primordial and it surely impacted me way more (Purple's last historical album with Gillan was released 4 years before I was even born). But there's I couldn't pick Nemtheanga while being honest with myself. It's like the Gahan/ Maynard/ Owens round. Dave Gahan is my favorite voice from the lot, Tool is my favorite band from the projects these three guys participated and features some of the most memorable vocal melodies ever but as a singer alone I had to give my vote to Tim.
Nevertheless I will do my due penance listening to The Gathering Wilderness, To The Nameless Dead and Puritan's Hand in a row :P .

Marco is a good backup vocalist.

Bach is good at what he does and is a close second for me here.

Kurt is a little too dead for this band.

Grohl is an excellent frontman and I really like his voice. Hearing what he would do with members of Rush and Black Sabbath is a really exciting prospect. He gets my vote.

Interesting having both Grohl and Cobain in the same group. I love both, but I'll go with Dave by the slightest of margins.

Kurt is a little too dead for this band.
That really shouldn't factor into the decision making. That would mean that we can't have Dio or Neil Peart in the band either.

Back