BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Although Tarja is my second favourite Nightwish singer, after careful consideration, she is my favourite singer here.

Strong group. Even Paul has a good voice. Not a Nightwish fan but Tarja is a superb singer technically speaking a powerhouse. Maynard's on the same level (although on a very different registry) and is by far my favorite singer of the lot. But I'll have to go with Tim: regarding vocal techniques he's on the same escalon but as far as I'm concerned what unties the all thing is Mr. Owens' versatility. Tarja and Maynard would easily get my vote on the last two rounds.

Tarja, brilliant singer. I'm glad I have seen her with Nightwish. That was very impressive.
She was an integral part of the best albums (and songs) this band has done.

She is not in the easiest company. I like Paul too and have sympathy for Owens as well.

Tarja may not be the powerhouse-of-all-trades that Floor is, but she’s one of the most emotionally moving singers on the planet. Stanley is solid but nothing to write home about, Ripper is uneven but solid enough, and Keenan is overrated and boring.

I don't think Maynard is a bad singer... but he is pretty damn average. By far the weakest link in Tool's music.

Paul Stanley's vocals worked for KISS' music but I never really rated him as a vocalist (or anyone from KISS for that matter, or KISS entirely).

Tarja... Floor kills her original renditions most of the time unless Tarja goes super operatic. For example, Floor blows her out of the water on this particular song, even though she only sang it once and we have one bootleg YouTube video of it. All jokes aside regarding #AntiTarjaBrigade, she's still 2nd best here.

Ripper isn't that good, but also not so bad. Needs someone to write all the vocal lines for him and prevent him from going overboard on overdubbing. And he's a very boring frontman. That debut CWOTD album is his best performance alongside Jugulator and The Glorious Burden.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 74:
Maynard James Keenan
Paul Stanley

Promoted after Round 74:
Tarja Turunen
Tim "Ripper" Owens

Jon Oliva (JON OLIVA'S PAIN, SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA)

Mikael Stanne (DARK TRANQUILLITY, IN FLAMES)

Serj Tankian (solo, SYSTEM OF A DOWN)

Tom Englund (EVERGREY)

Yeah, a pretty easy vote for Serj. He's incredibly unique and has a killer range.

I am completely unfamiliar with Evergrey, but I like Tom Englund's voice. He sounds like a less-talented Russell Allen. Jon Oliva is just too lame for me. Didn't enjoy a single second of the other guy's voice.

Back