BEST BAND EVER: Results!

This round has one traditional singer and three character voices who fit their individual bands perfectly. The most versatile and probably technical singer here is Lzzy Hale. She gets my vote, despite not giving literally a single shit about Halestorm.

You have to be exaggerating.

Serj used to be great, but his voice fell apart pretty fast in his career.

I don't think they sound alike at all. Tom Englund never really went for higher notes or screaming like Russell. Evergrey had some cool albums and Tom mostly shines on ballads and slower songs like this. Tough group for him.

I'm not. Stanne sing/talks in bass and then screams with a thin, airy upper rasp. I don't love bass singing in metal and screams/growls that are too high-pitched or reedy grate on my nerves.

Serj definitely declined but he still has/had one of the most unique and trained voices in the genre.

Englund and Allen have a similar timbre, I'm not saying they sound identical. Regardless, I enjoy his voice from that song and will probably check out more Evergrey.

Stanne sing/talks in bass and then screams with a thin, airy upper rasp. I don't love bass singing in metal and screams/growls that are too high-pitched or reedy grate on my nerves.
Ah, so it's a taste thing. I don't mind either.

I enjoy his voice from that song and will probably check out more Evergrey.
Cool! Recreation Day and In Search Of Truth are their best albums IMO.

I like Geddy a lot, but I'm going with Joakim. Lzzy is alright, but when I saw Halestorm, she had a pretty bad vocal performance that night.

Joakim isn’t a “great” singer, but he’s a terrific frontman and uses his limited range to good effect, at least for Sabaton. Aside from Getty, I think he’d mesh best with the already established band we’ve assembled, and anyway there’s little chance that he’ll win the whole game.

For a guy who aspires to be a singer himself and has frequently posted his own vocal recordings, you seem to have a very poor grasp of what a good singer is. Joakim really isn't a good singer. A great frontman and performer, yes, but a singer? Definitely not.

Joakim Broden really shouldn't be in this tournament at all. Mosh was spot on. Broden gets in the game due to Sabaton being disproportionately popular on this forum. Three people have given him their vote out of sheer bias without actually considering which of these four is the better vocalist.

Geddy Lee isn't a particularly notable vocalist either. He does well enough with what he's capable of, but what he is capable of is very limited. The musicianship and songwriting of Rush is, of course, outstanding but Geddy's vocals were the weak link.

Bias, or else he's the singer they actually like the most. I think he's great at what he does, and just as Smith is perfect for The Cure, Broden is ideal for Sabaton.

I like Geddy's vocals from Permanent Waves onwards alot. On the early Rush albums he sounds pretty bad in my opinion, which is why I ended up voting for Hale.
That's pretty true.
Rush Lee sounds like a knockoff Robert Plant.
Fly By Night and A Caress Of Steel Lee have him trying to be a bit more unique.
Prog era Lee is actually rather good, though.
...Then there's Bastille Day, the one song that crosses the line into "so bad, it's good".

For a guy who aspires to be a singer himself and has frequently posted his own vocal recordings, you seem to have a very poor grasp of what a good singer is. Joakim really isn't a good singer. A great frontman and performer, yes, but a singer? Definitely not.
Did my post really not make any sense to you? I just said he wasn’t a great singer, by technicality. Furthermore, I do like him the most and much rather hear a band fronted by him than Lzzy or Smith. Geddy meanwhile is already in the band.

Back