Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

HBTN is still in Drop D on DOTR.

Meanwhile CIPWM and Wrathchild are standard. Probably to avoid guitar switching at the beginning of the set.
Wrathchild was also a late addition to the set so that might've also affected it.

Pooch taking about mixing 3 IM guitarists and how he solved the "middle guy" problem... Basically, in short, he pans the guys as they are on stage and he is creating a phantom image of H in the mix on the right side of the mix. IMO he is the first IM FOH engineer that made a live mix when you can hear H clearly all of the time.

Pooch taking about mixing 3 IM guitarists and how he solved the "middle guy" problem... Basically, in short, he pans the guys as they are on stage and he is creating a phantom image of H in the mix on the right side of the mix. IMO he is the first IM FOH engineer that made a live mix when you can hear H clearly all of the time.

Do you happen to have a timestamp on where on the video he talks about that? I can't listen to the whole thing right now, but I wouldn't mind hearing some of the details and it's a bit too long to manually find.

As matic22 said Pooch talks about how to mix the 3rd guitar player in a stereo spectrum and sound good. at 7:10 min.
and talking about how he does it with Maiden guitarrists… at 13:16 min.

Dave's white "60th Birthday" Stratocaster now has a JB/JB Jnr/Jazz pickup configuration in it. There is a story about it in IMFC magazine.

Likely to be used as a backup for the black 70's strat.

Dave's white "60th Birthday" Stratocaster now has a JB/JB Jnr/Jazz pickup configuration in it. There is a story about it in IMFC magazine.

Which one is that? Do you have a picture of it?

Wish I could see a pic of this layout. It's cool to see Dave go back to the HSH setup (JBJR is a hum in singlecoil format, I know; I was talking about the look :) )

In this video (click here), around 30 seconds in, there's one blue guitar (next to Steve's chess bass) - what's that guitar? Steve says that this is Janick's gear. He never used it live, that's for sure.

In this video (click here), around 30 seconds in, there's one blue guitar (next to Steve's chess bass) - what's that guitar? Steve says that this is Janick's gear. He never used it live, that's for sure.

I love how Dave just has one guitar on his side of the room, guessing it is the cream colored rosewood board ESP he used during the 7th Tour.

For some time now I have been wondering why the band is so eager to use fender guitars. Janick complained in one of the interviews that they cause difficulties on stage due to noise and require a series of modifications, while other types of guitars are basically ready out of the box. It has been apparent for a while that they use Les Paul guitars a lot more, but still the Strat seems to be the main type of guitar they use. Even Adrian, although he has been playing Jackson for years, has a model based on the stratocaster.

Back