Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

matic22

Ancient Mariner
I'm pretty sure he stopped playing Hallowed in drop D in 2005 or 2006 or something. It was discussed in this thread at some point. He still plays Wrathchild in drop D to my knowledge too.

HBTN is still in Drop D on DOTR.

Meanwhile CIPWM and Wrathchild are standard. Probably to avoid guitar switching at the beginning of the set.

Ruflux

Ancient Mariner
HBTN is still in Drop D on DOTR.

Meanwhile CIPWM and Wrathchild are standard. Probably to avoid guitar switching at the beginning of the set.
Wrathchild was also a late addition to the set so that might've also affected it.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Pooch taking about mixing 3 IM guitarists and how he solved the "middle guy" problem... Basically, in short, he pans the guys as they are on stage and he is creating a phantom image of H in the mix on the right side of the mix. IMO he is the first IM FOH engineer that made a live mix when you can hear H clearly all of the time.

Ruflux

Ancient Mariner
Pooch taking about mixing 3 IM guitarists and how he solved the "middle guy" problem... Basically, in short, he pans the guys as they are on stage and he is creating a phantom image of H in the mix on the right side of the mix. IMO he is the first IM FOH engineer that made a live mix when you can hear H clearly all of the time.

Do you happen to have a timestamp on where on the video he talks about that? I can't listen to the whole thing right now, but I wouldn't mind hearing some of the details and it's a bit too long to manually find.

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
As matic22 said Pooch talks about how to mix the 3rd guitar player in a stereo spectrum and sound good. at 7:10 min.
and talking about how he does it with Maiden guitarrists… at 13:16 min.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Dave's white "60th Birthday" Stratocaster now has a JB/JB Jnr/Jazz pickup configuration in it. There is a story about it in IMFC magazine.

Likely to be used as a backup for the black 70's strat.

Mandume

Prowler
Dave's white "60th Birthday" Stratocaster now has a JB/JB Jnr/Jazz pickup configuration in it. There is a story about it in IMFC magazine.

Which one is that? Do you have a picture of it?

Orpheo

Prowler

Wish I could see a pic of this layout. It's cool to see Dave go back to the HSH setup (JBJR is a hum in singlecoil format, I know; I was talking about the look :) )

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
In this video (click here), around 30 seconds in, there's one blue guitar (next to Steve's chess bass) - what's that guitar? Steve says that this is Janick's gear. He never used it live, that's for sure.

Pinkoboe

Prowler
In this video (click here), around 30 seconds in, there's one blue guitar (next to Steve's chess bass) - what's that guitar? Steve says that this is Janick's gear. He never used it live, that's for sure.
I love how Dave just has one guitar on his side of the room, guessing it is the cream colored rosewood board ESP he used during the 7th Tour.