Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

This pic is from the AMOLAD sessions.

Does someone knows what guitars are that (the red ones which are the most visible) - ESP ? And who is the owner of them?

Attachments

• amolad sessions.png
    amolad sessions.png
    912.7 KB · Views: 62
This pic is from the AMOLAD sessions.

Does someone knows what guitars are that (the red ones which are the most visible) - ESP ? And who is the owner of them?

The first red one is the Jackson 12/6 doubleneck used on COTD and probably OOTS on AMLOAD studio version.

The 2nd guitar (between the doubleneck and the #1 Sunburst FR Classic strat)... I have no idea.

The first red one is the Jackson 12/6 doubleneck used on COTD and probably OOTS on AMLOAD studio version.

The 2nd guitar (between the doubleneck and the #1 Sunburst FR Classic strat)... I have no idea.
Could it be a Charvel San Dimas? Double humbucker, floyd rose and strat shape.

Oh yeah, the first one is the double neck used on COTD - how I missed it! Then we can agree that all these guitars are Adrian's.

The 2nd guitar could be Ibanez Roadstar?

EDIT: This Sunburst Strat is the one that Adrian used in TFF tour, right ?

Last edited:
The controls are very similar. The neck could be other. Charvel and Jackson usually combine different necks in their models.

The 2nd guitar could be Ibanez Roadstar?

You might be onto something there. Something like this?

ys4yvrwgeoqnhmlprm2o.jpg

EDIT: This Sunburst Strat is the one that Adrian used in TFF tour, right ?

Nope. That was the Mexican Strat that is at Rock N Roll Ribs.

This guitar is H's main standard tuned stage guitar since 1995-2007, with the exception of Early Days tour. Also played on Psycho Motel albums, both Bruce albums and all of the reunion-era albums with the exception of TBOS, which was the #8432 Jackson Prototype mostly.

There is a shadow on the neck and makes it seem like a Rosewood fingerboard.

EDIT: Well, I'm wrong... It doesn't have a Floyd it seems...

Last edited:
Regearding the 2nd guitar, it could be indeed Roadstar RS 530...

I never knew H owned a red Roadstar. I know that he has a blue sunburst one that was used on Powerslave record.

4:58

It's not a Roadstar. It has a different headstock.

P.S. H is playing his #1 Strat in that clip (100% sure), so that could still be it on that photo.

Is this the same Gibson Les Paul that Dave uses nowadays?

Btw, does someone has a quality picture of Dave with that guitar in the 80's?

Edit: I really like all the stage clothes that Maiden used during the 80's. So colorful :D And these singlets by Dave (blue&black, red&black and white&black on stripe) were his trademark.

65784741_643201999482844_775044561008328704_n.jpg

Last edited:

I think it's not the same guitar, not just for the pickups. The 1985 Gibson are different in the label of the headstock. It has 2 lines the 2010 model has one line. Its a Gibson Special I think. And the 1985 is red sunburst and the 2010 is caramel sunburst

Is this the same Gibson Les Paul that Dave uses nowadays?

View attachment 10013

No. That's an early 80's Heritage Series LP Standard. Actually those models were one of the first burst reissues and were very expensive for the time. Dave had DiMarzios on that.

Nowadays Dave uses a 2010 Les Paul Traditional in Tobacco Sunburst with stock pickups, 2002 Les Paul Classic with JB and '59 (had stock pickups during TFF 2011 tour) and an Les Paul Axcess in Iced Tea Burst with JB and '59.

View attachment 10015View attachment 10016

View attachment 10017View attachment 10018

I think it's not the same guitar, not just for the pickups. The 1985 Gibson are different in the label of the headstock. It has 2 lines the 2010 model has one line. Its a Gibson Special I think. And the 1985 is red sunburst and the 2010 is caramel sunburst

I'm sorry for not being clear enough. I wanted a picture of that guitar with Dave on stage live in the 80's.

Btw, what about this one?

Attachments

• 22e(2).png
    22e(2).png
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
I'm sorry for not being clear enough. I wanted a picture of that guitar with Dave on stage live in the 80's.

Btw, what about this one?

I talked about it. Les Paul Axcess in Iced Tea sunburst with pickguard added later and pickups changed before TBOS sessions to JB and '59. Used heavily on the album along with 2002 Les Paul Classic and Memphis ES - Les Paul.

So, 2019 update:

Ade:
Aces, WED, Trooper, Revelations, FTGGOG, Wicker Man, Evil, Hallowed - Green Sunburst Jackson Prototype
2MTM - Jackson Custom shop 2MTM guitar, with 1 humbucker, no neck and middle pickups
Clansman, SOTC - Black Les Paul Standard (presumably with heavier strings for rythm playing only)
FOI - Les Paul Custom
FOTD, Number, IM - Jackson AS 8431 prototype with a new neck, since the original was broken by H last year (Can be distinguished from the #2 proto by colour and #2 proto has a chipped pickguard)
RTTH - The V

Jan:
Same as last year

Dave:
Almost the same, but the Floyd Rose Classic strat is gone and Dave uses the Cali series on TWM instead. The 70's Strat is used on FOTD instead of Cali series.

Back