Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Yup. Dave owns/owned 2 of them. This one and an electric blue one, that he got in 1986.

At least one is still in his posession.

That's the blue one, right ? It's awesome. :cool:

Attachments

• rndrrntrnd.jpg
    rndrrntrnd.jpg
    929.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
There is a great picture in the latest F.C. magazine for Sean holding Adrian’s black and white Jackson with the headstock broken off.
Nice.

Mine should arrive this week. Sean probably wasn't pleased. But guitar tech's job also includes putting up with the shitty moods of your boss and the shit they do while unhappy. (unless you work for Dave Murray).

I wonder why he stopped using the Xstroyer, actually. It was a pretty neat guitar, and I think he used it for all of the TBOS tour after he got it but now it's gone again for some reason.

I wonder why he stopped using the Xstroyer, actually. It was a pretty neat guitar, and I think he used it for all of the TBOS tour after he got it but now it's gone again for some reason.
Dunno. I guess tuning stability. The pointy headstock without a locking nut is pretty shit in this regard.

Adrian apparently had his SG back in 1982, this was October 2nd in NYC
Tbh, I kinda wanna do a collab list of guitars they had on tour during various years sometime.

Attachments

• Iron-Maiden-Live-1982-LM-18.jpg
    Iron-Maiden-Live-1982-LM-18.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 43
Came across this on the internet. I missed the actual auction, but this is the first Dave Murray owned guitar I have seen that was sold off and it looks legitimate.

I am guessing this was the first guitar given to him by ESP prior to the similarly spec'd ice blue model that showed up on the Somewhere on Tour. I have a vague recollection of seeing him with this guitar on stage, but cannot locate any videos or pictures to support that memory.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/esp-custom-strat-1984-japanese-used-1539239119

Yup. Dave owns/owned 2 of them. This one and an electric blue one, that he got in 1986.

At least one is still in his posession.

Dave actually had two blue ESP stratocasters. The first one was electric (ice?) blue that showed up only on the Somewhere on Tour. That guitar had the ESP shaped headstock and 22 frets. On the Seventh Tour, he got a new one that was sonic blue (or something similar) which had the Fender shaped headstock and 21 frets. This second guitar was also used for the subsequent tour before it disappeared.

Dave actually had two blue ESP stratocasters. The first one was electric (ice?) blue that showed up only on the Somewhere on Tour. That guitar had the ESP shaped headstock and 22 frets. On the Seventh Tour, he got a new one that was sonic blue (or something similar) which had the Fender shaped headstock and 21 frets. This second guitar was also used for the subsequent tour before it disappeared.
Any pics of the 2nd one?

Ok, I found it. The Clairvoyant video. It seems to be Baby Blue.

And yeah, both Cream and Baby Blue ESP's dissapeared after this tour. Probably because Dave got his Candy Apple Red / Burgundy Jackson made to his specs.

Last edited:
Back