Accept

On the album only 5 members, so 2 guitarists (as indicated on the promotional picture below). ;)

View attachment 33941
That's odd. I don't expect any experiments or longer stuff from them.
I really dig the Tornillo era of Accept a lot, there's no doubt that this album will be a banger too. The cover art is fine but generic and definitely not as cool as the snake on the previous album.
I agree. The background is cool and needed though, even only for the imagination. I like covers that can create a story.

Cool covers of theirs are: Too Mean To Die, The Rise Of Chaos, Metal Heart and I'm A Rebel (alternative cover).

Peter Baltes on Accept : I feel like they're always doing the same album again and again only with different lyrics and different bass player :lol:

The first single, the title track, is not promising for the album. It is very (and too) similar to the typical approach of the band's current era. Generic, even compared to the previous album which I'm not a fan of. What Peter said above. And it's not an exciting song at all. What a weak chorus. The best parts are the short melody for the intro (also used once as a post-verse bridge) and Wolf's ''metallic'' solo (ofc). Really cool. Maybe the riff used for the pre-chorus too. But they can't save the song for me.

The first single, the title track, is not promising for the album. It is very (and too) similar to the typical approach of the band's current era. Generic, even compared to the previous album which I'm not a fan of. What Peter said above. And it's not an exciting song at all. What a weak chorus. The best parts are the short melody for the intro (also used once as a post-verse bridge) and Wolf's ''metallic'' solo (ofc). Really cool. Maybe the riff used for the pre-chorus too. But they can't save the song for me.
It's very "Stampede" like... With some "Koolaid" vibe in it. A mix between speed metal and hard rock. I like it, even if it does not give me goosebumps. :)

Track list of the new album:

1.Diving Into Sin
2.Humanoid
3.Frankenstein
4.Man Up
5.The Reckoning
6.Nobody Gets Out Alive
7.Ravages Of Time
8.Unbreakable
9.Mind Games
10.Straight Up Jack
11.Southside Of Hell

It sounds like concept album, unison of the theme. All songs are around 4 minutes, one is 3 minutes and two are 5 minutes long.

It's very "Stampede" like... With some "Koolaid" vibe in it. A mix between speed metal and hard rock. I like it, even if it does not give me goosebumps. :)
Very similar indeed, but both of these songs are much better for me, especially ''Stampede'' (awesome opener).
Humanoid must be the first Accept single that features three distinct guitar tracks?
? The long solo is played by Wolf.
Probably the best metal album of that decade.
BOTN is pretty good, but of the decade?

Track list of the new album:

1.Diving Into Sin
2.Humanoid
3.Frankenstein
4.Man Up
5.The Reckoning
6.Nobody Gets Out Alive
7.Ravages Of Time
8.Unbreakable
9.Mind Games
10.Straight Up Jack
11.Southside Of Hell

It sounds like concept album, unison of the theme. All songs are around 4 minutes, one is 3 minutes and two are 5 minutes long.
A little bit like the new Judas Priest, where the songs are never 6 minutes long, except "Invincible Shield". :) I think I will like it. ;)

Back