Accept

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Kalata, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

Well, I decided to post this thread, since I have failed to find a thread for these heavy metal legends.

What can I say about them - one of the best metal bands out there. The good old classic heavy metal. Udo is of course a great vocalist and Wolf is a amazing guitar player.

My favorite albums are: '81, '83 and '85.

2. Kalata

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. Kalata

This has to be one of the most beautiful ballads that I ever heard. :yes:

Magnus likes this.
  4. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I love early Accept with Udo. Breaker, Restless and Wild and Balls to the Wall are great records, especially the latter, which is in my personal top 10 desert island albums. :)

I regret immensely missing their reunion shows in 2005. Thankfully I saw Dirkschneider in London playing a set of classic Accept. Fantastic show!

I saw Accept live earlier this year and whilst a very good show, I couldn't help but miss Udo's voice and stage presence.

The princess, the princess, the princess of the dawn!

Kalata likes this.
  5. Kalata

The period of Accept from 1981-1985 is greatness - heavy metal at its best. :)

Dityn DJ James likes this.
  6. Kalata

Another fantastic ballad... :blush:

7. GhostofCain

Nothing beats this one:

terrell39 and Kalata like this.
  8. Kalata

Or especially, this one ;):

terrell39 and GhostofCain like this.
  9. GhostofCain

I agree. If I were to find an example of albums that epitomise what heavy metal is, I would take the Accept albums from that period over anything else. Fantastic stuff! :edmetal:

10. Dityn DJ James

Dityn DJ James A coma stole my name.

God, when I saw Dirkschneider in 2017, I've never felt more connected to heavy metal music than I did when I sung along to the line, "But when I'm dead and gone, and snow's pouring down, I'm buried and covered, peaceful under a million of the stars." The most powerful heavy metal ballad I've ever heard. An ethereal experience everytime.

Give me Metal Heart anytime of the day, anytime day of the week! Not many metal albums I know have classic after classic after classic like Metal Heart.

11. Kalata

Rejected album covers for Accept's 2012 album Stalingrad:

The first artwork is the original cover which was never used - according to the artist, who is Claudio Bergamin, the management do not wanted the band to be perceived as ''war themed'' -> https://twitter.com/Bergamin_Art/status/1043197941349998592

The band concept for the album cover was: a war scene with fire and snow and the Barmaley Fountain in the middle(see artwork #2), but the whole concept was scrapped: https://twitter.com/Bergamin_Art/status/1030578740114280449

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    terrell39 and Dityn DJ James like this.
  12. GhostofCain

I'd choose Balls to the Wall instead, but Metal Heart is great too.

terrell39 likes this.
  13. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I have been spinning Restless and Wild a few times in preparation for eventually resurrecting a certain thread. It's pretty good stuff! Guess I've been sleeping on Accept. I have a soft spot for good German metal anyway.

terrell39 likes this.
  14. Dityn DJ James

Dityn DJ James A coma stole my name.

THE LITTLE GIRL SHE WANTS TO BE AN ACTRESS

terrell39 likes this.
  15. Kalata

16. Kalata

I think this song is a hidden gem, LOST CLASSIC ! :yes: Brutal riff !!!

Forostar likes this.
  17. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Restless and Wild, Balls To the Wall, Metal Heart, & Russian Roulette were the part of the soundtrack of my youth! It was great to see Dirkschneider twice play them live!

However I cannot emphasize enough how STRONG Mark Tornillo's 1st cd with Accept was.. Blood of the Nations. Even Udo has expressed his love of the lp. Here is a taste:

18. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

Blood of the Nations is absolutely brilliany. Haven't heard the albums after though, are they as good?

19. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Stalingrad had to grow on me but I love Blind Rage & The Rise of Chaos

20. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway (slow heavy metal music playing)

Listening to Breaker now for the first time, I beleive. I always thought of bad radio hair metal when looking at the cover...,and yes some of it is, but damn it also rocks like hell! It's pretty clear that they took a lot of inspiration from Back in Black when writing the album back in 80/81 and UDO is like the german Brian Johnson, just even more ferocious at times. The album loses some steam on side B with songs like Midnight Highway and Breaking Up Again and but side A is really killer.

Magnus likes this.