Accept

My review for the new Accept album:

The opening song is good.
The title track is a typical style for the band (but with a weak chorus).
The instrumental is very good.
''Symphony Of Pain'' is the best song on the album with an amazing solo.
The ballad is not one of their best IMO.
''Overnight Sensation'' is a good rocker.
''No One's Master'' and ''How Do We Sleep'' are also good songs (typical style for the albums with Mark).
Average songs: ''The Undertaker'', ''Sucks To Be You'' and the closing song.

Overall the album is good (filled with great riffs and solos/melodies, as always). But I don't think it has a memorable chorus or a strong song like ''Worlds Colliding'' form the previous album.

Reactions: Yax
I just ordered the 2017 Rise of Chaos album. As much as I like the anthems with Udo at the helm, I think Accept has turned into a better band with Tornillo. They might not put out the hit songs anymore, and a lot of songs have a very similar feel, but the average quality of the songs are higher now than they were back in the day.

I just ordered the 2017 Rise of Chaos album. As much as I like the anthems with Udo at the helm, I think Accept has turned into a better band with Tornillo. They might not put out the hit songs anymore, and a lot of songs have a very similar feel, but the average quality of the songs are higher now than they were back in the day.

I disagree. 21st century Accept does not even come close to the glorious stuff the band did with Udo from 1981 to 1985.

Last edited:
Hit wise? No, definitely not. But I find a lot of the Udo stuff filler quality.

Hit wise? No, definitely not. But I find a lot of the Udo stuff filler quality.
Not Balls to the Wall, which remains the apex of Accept And I would argue Restless and Wild and Metal Heart as well.
Fair comment to the rest. The Tornillo stuff is generally pretty consistent.

Not Balls to the Wall, which remains the apex of Accept And I would argue Restless and Wild and Metal Heart as well.
Fair comment to the rest. The Tornillo stuff is generally pretty consistent.

Yes, consistently unremarkable. :lol:

Don’t get me wrong. The albums are well-produced and well-played, but I find the material to be pretty generic. The Wolf Hoffmann band leaves me pretty cold compared to classic Accept.

I saw Accept with Tornillo in 2018 on the Rise of Chaos tour and, whilst enjoyable, it did not come close to seeing Dirkschneider in 2016 (or even UDO back in 1999).

I could not help but think that Tornillo lacked stage presence and looked like a puppet on stage whose strings were being controlled by Wolf Hoffmann (a bit like Ripper’s case with Glenn Tipton or Blaze with Steve Harris; the latter made the singer play the imaginary drums though :lol:).

Last edited:
By the way, one of my biggest regrets was missing the Accept reunion tour in 2005. The other one is not being able to go to a show on Bruce’s Chemical Wedding tour in 1998.

Accept these days, especially after Peter Baltes leaving the group, is more like a touring studio project with session musicians, produced by Andy Sneap and Wolf Hoffman together. As an example of this, the drummer always performs with a metronome and there is pre-recorded backing vocals.

UDO was on to this as well:
"Udo responded: "What can I say? I mean, I was watching a show of ACCEPT in Hamburg, and I was a little bit disappointed. It was without any emotion. For me, there was no band on stage. Playing-wise, it was okay, but it was without any emotion. It was automatic — like, do it and then go.""

Last edited:
The Tornillo stuff is generally pretty consistent.
I agree that the albums with Mark are consistent and good with some great songs (I like them all), but you can't beat the classics with Udo. I think the albums from 1981 to 1986 are an example of heavy metal in its pure glory. Golden stuff!

"Udo responded: "What can I say? I mean, I was watching a show of ACCEPT in Hamburg, and I was a little bit disappointed. It was without any emotion. For me, there was no band on stage. Playing-wise, it was okay, but it was without any emotion. It was automatic — like, do it and then go.""
Meh, Accept plays the old material in the original key instead of tuned down 1 whole step like Udo does. Tornillo does the songs better at this point (and I prefer his voice in general anyway). I did see UDO in 2007 though, and that was ace and it was either in the right key or detuned half a step, can't remember which. But that's 14 years ago.

That being said, I was pretty damn impressed with the latest U.D.O. album. I think the orchestra worked great, and it made it a lot more interesting. I wouldn't have bought the album if it was just a standard U.D.O album.

The new Album is great. A lot of great songs. My favorites are The Undertaker, The super powerful "Not My Problem", The fast Title Track, The Anthemic "Sucks To Be You", The Catchy Overnight Sensation". I really love The album, Wolf Hoffman is a genius and Tornillo is sounding great. Listen to the beautiful ballad "The Best is Yet To Come", great vocals. I miss Peter but this is their best album since Blood Of The Nations. I love Udo and U.D.O. but I didn't like "We Are One" at all, it sounded to me like like a poor "Faceless World" wannabe with an orchestra

Curious fact: The debut solo album of Udo (Animal House, released in 1987) was written by Accept.

The performance of the song ''Lay Down The Law'' is credited to Accept and U.D.O.

On a radio interview I heard Udo give with Eddie Trunk years ago, he said Mean Machine (U.D.O.'s 2nd lp) was the first time he had ever written lyrics

The only song of Accept that Udo re-record for one of his solo albums and it's not a original song with him on vocals is ''X-T-C'' from the first album of the band without him on vocals (Eat The Heat 1989) - the album is good and this song has one of the best intros and riffs imo.

The new Album is great. A lot of great songs. My favorites are The Undertaker, The super powerful "Not My Problem", The fast Title Track, The Anthemic "Sucks To Be You", The Catchy Overnight Sensation". I really love The album, Wolf Hoffman is a genius and Tornillo is sounding great. Listen to the beautiful ballad "The Best is Yet To Come", great vocals. I miss Peter but this is their best album since Blood Of The Nations. I love Udo and U.D.O. but I didn't like "We Are One" at all, it sounded to me like like a poor "Faceless World" wannabe with an orchestra
Damn, I love their production sound!

From 2017:

This track propably won't make the set again, with the anthem and everything. It was a very cool track when it came in out 2012 though. I remember listening a lot to this one, together with Shadow Soldiers, at the time.

Last edited:
Back