Accept

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Kalata, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Or maybe the drummer died.

LooseCannon likes this.
  2. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

The whole thing certainly now looks like Wolf's band and nothing else more than ever before.

Black Bart likes this.
  3. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

I'll make one album from the three Accept albums in the 90's (1993/1994/1996) with the best songs of them. Easily, the best album from them is the one from '93 (classic sound of the band), the other two are very weak, especially Death Row. The only weak Accept albums are the debut, Death Row and Predator.

1.Objection Overruled
    2.Protectors Of Terror
    3.All Or Nothing
    4.Amamos La Vida (amazing power ballad)
    5.Donation
    6.This One's For You
    7.Rich & Famous (should have been in the 1993 album)
    8.Writing On The Wall
    9.Hard Attack (is this AC/DC.... like it)
    10.Run Trough The Night (lost classic)

bonus songs [Japanese edition]
    11.Bulletproof
    12.Sick, Dirty and Mean

KILLER ALBUM !!!

And all 3 instrumentals across these three albums (done by Wolf - Accept were with one guitarist at that time) are great: Just By My Own, Drifting Apart and Pomp and Circumstance. *Bad Habits Die Hard is also very good song (again strong AC/DC feel to it).

4. Kalata

These 2 songs are leftovers form the album I'm A Rebel 1980. Why the band do not added them, especially Morning Sun which is another fantastic ballad with Peter Baltes on vocals - but the album have another amazing ballad, The King..... and No Time To Lose too (let's also not forget the ballad Seawinds from the debut album, which is one of the best ballads that I ever heard).

I wonder why on the early albums Udo has not sung the ballads, not that I complain, Peter has an amazing voice, ideal for ballads. Maybe Udo was not confident enough to sing ballads at that time, and that is strange since his performances on Winterdreams and Can't Stand The Night are majestic.

The two song are: Morning Sun and Rocking For The Sun.

5. Kalata

Wolf thinks that Blood On The Nations album has magic in it and it is a classic already (Tornillo also thinks the same). ->

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac...ery-magical-about-blood-of-the-nations-album/

But I think, of all 4 albums with Mark the best one is Blind Rage - amazing album with no fillers ! BOTN is not so good in my opinion. The other two are half good/half bad.... Stalingrad album has really nice fast rock songs (and heavy ones too). TROC is also good, but maybe not 10 songs, though it has some really good songs like ''Worlds Colliding'', which is a top 10 song for me.

And now something interesting,
    Here's the story behind the classic song ''Fas As A Shark'' told by Wolf -> http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/accepts-wolf-hoffmann-how-we-wrote-fast-as-a-shark/

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019