365 Albums In One Year

Speaking of which...

GOJIRA - FROM MARS TO SIRIUS
Gojira-From_Mars_to_Sirius.jpg

Album 53/365

Tracks:

1. "Ocean Planet" - Ooh, I like this opening. The production here is pretty great too. I dunno if I like the harsh vocals here so much, but they're not bad. The musicianship here is really excellent, I will say that.
  2. "Backbone" - Ah, we're picking up speed and heaviness now. Some spine-snapping stuff here.
  3. "From The Sky" - Some brutal stuff, this. Pretty cool song, maybe a bit lengthy for my taste.
  4. "Unicorn" - This is a pretty cool interlude piece. Nice atmospherics.
  5. "Where Dragons Dwell" - Some good multi-tracked vocals on this song. Quite nice.
  6. "The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe" - Hoo boy, that opening made my jump. Gets better as it goes along. Quite a banger.
  7. "Flying Whales" - Ah, the iconic song. I like this quiet opening. I like the heavier bit a bit more. Another banger. Quite a nice song.
  8. "In The Wilderness" - Cool jam man. Greet staff.
  9. "World To Come" - Wow, I really like this opening. Good stuff.
  10. "From Mars" - Really liked this little piece. Quite nice stuff.
  11. "To Sirius" - Good heavy stuff.
  12. "Global Warming" - Oooh, I like this opening. Pretty good song overall, though the repetition at the end was kind of ridiculous.
Overall, pretty good album. I like the vibe it gives off, but it doesn't quite push me over the hill. Maybe too long as well. But still, good album, I just think aliens are better.

Rating: 84%
One of the greatest albums ever made. Tracks 5-8 are BRUTAL! I love the instrumental bit on 'In the Wilderness'. When I get more time would anyone like me to explain the concept on this album in length?

One of the greatest albums ever made. Tracks 5-8 are BRUTAL! I love the instrumental bit on 'In the Wilderness'. When I get more time would anyone like me to explain the concept on this album in length?
That'd be nice. I do think it's quite solid overall, though not probably gonna be a favorite. Definitely think the vibe is good.

That'd be nice. I do think it's quite solid overall, though not probably gonna be a favorite. Definitely think the vibe is good.
Once you understand the concept behind the album you'll enjoy it even more. There was a lot of thought put into everything.

All 4* tracks (in my 1-5* rating system) accept the 5* Sea of Expanding Shapes and Jabbar on Alcatrazz Avenue. There are no weak tracks, that's for sure. Solid leaning to exceptional Bucket.
Nice. I'd argue that those two aren't quite my favorites but then, I should probably relisten to that album sometime and write down my current thoughts. If people even let me anymore. :p

Back