365 Albums In One Year

It's similar to the plot of Gojira's - From Mars to Sirius but not entirely.. I think they had a lot of right ideas.
Speaking of which...

GOJIRA - FROM MARS TO SIRIUS
Gojira-From_Mars_to_Sirius.jpg

Album 53/365

Tracks:

1. "Ocean Planet" - Ooh, I like this opening. The production here is pretty great too. I dunno if I like the harsh vocals here so much, but they're not bad. The musicianship here is really excellent, I will say that.
  2. "Backbone" - Ah, we're picking up speed and heaviness now. Some spine-snapping stuff here.
  3. "From The Sky" - Some brutal stuff, this. Pretty cool song, maybe a bit lengthy for my taste.
  4. "Unicorn" - This is a pretty cool interlude piece. Nice atmospherics.
  5. "Where Dragons Dwell" - Some good multi-tracked vocals on this song. Quite nice.
  6. "The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe" - Hoo boy, that opening made my jump. Gets better as it goes along. Quite a banger.
  7. "Flying Whales" - Ah, the iconic song. I like this quiet opening. I like the heavier bit a bit more. Another banger. Quite a nice song.
  8. "In The Wilderness" - Cool jam man. Greet staff.
  9. "World To Come" - Wow, I really like this opening. Good stuff.
  10. "From Mars" - Really liked this little piece. Quite nice stuff.
  11. "To Sirius" - Good heavy stuff.
  12. "Global Warming" - Oooh, I like this opening. Pretty good song overall, though the repetition at the end was kind of ridiculous.
Overall, pretty good album. I like the vibe it gives off, but it doesn't quite push me over the hill. Maybe too long as well. But still, good album, I just think aliens are better.

Rating: 84%

Also Diesel is now the lead singer. A one person vote has been tallied.
Listen mate, so long as you get the music situated, I will sing whatever the hell kind of lyrics you string together in whatever vocal style you like. That's a promise.

Also, on the subject of 100% albums, I would give that rating to the following (currently):

Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Iron Maiden - The X Factor
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Sabaton - Carolus Rex
ABBA - The Visitors
Buckethead - Bermuda Triangle
Amputated - Wading Through Rancid Offal

All of these are either all killer, no filler, or far better than the sum of their parts.

Back