365 Albums In One Year

So it begins...

MEGADETH - KILLING IS MY BUSINESS... AND BUSINESS IS GOOD!
7c438ff95115ed8f4a6b3f572ba19719e72cf918.png

Album 49/365

Review >

MORBID - DECEMBER MOON
16299.jpg

Album 51/365

This is a pretty interesting piece of history - Dead's pre-Mayhem band, Morbid, with their most popular release, a demo named December Moon. And I'm quite into it. It's more death metal than what Pelle would go on to do later with Mayhem, and it keeps the attention nicely throughout. His vocals here are rather breathy, but he makes up for it back working it towards building atmosphere, and honestly, it's more what I wanted to hear from Dead from the start - mystical, eerie vocals. If he took the style from this recording and the strength from Live In Leipzig, I think he could have become one of my favorite vocalists overall. But the rest of the band here is pretty great too. The guitarists work well with each other, and they slip in some really cool moments throughout (the calm opening to "Wings Of Funeral" and the wild explosion near the end of "Disgusting Semla"). Overall, I'm quite impressed. This is a really solid demo recording. I like it.

Rating: 86%

@The Dissident if by any chance you want to collect links to your reviews and put them together in one succinct post, I can link to that post in the opening post of this thread for you.

Last edited:
Since I've been looking into The Aliens™ recently, thought I'd listen to some more music about it. From our pals in Russia...

SUNWALTER - SETI EVIDENCE
365197.jpg

Album 52/365

Tracks:

1. "T.S.F. Report 1" - This is a pretty cool way to open up such an album of this type. The Russian accent is strong, but it adds to the effect.
  2. "Roswell Incident" - Wow, this opening is awesome. Goddamn this woman can sing. The growls are pretty good too. Oh my god, this song is blowing my mind. I went in on a whim but this song so great. The lyrics aren't exactly mindblowing but these guys know how to construct a song.
  3. "Supernova" - This one's more Nightwish-esque and holy crap, it's epic as fuck. The chorus is absolutely fantastic. This band shouldn't be as good as they are. Holy fuck.
  4. "Nibiru" - Man, this one's great too.
  5. "Rotten" - The melding between clean singing and growls is great. The lyrics are kinda cheesy, but I don't care because the song is so great.
  6. "Phantoms Of Mars" - For a moment I thought this song would take a dive in quality. But it didn't. It's great too.
  7. "Pandorum" - Some nice build-up for this song and the verse works really well. The singer manages to hit a higher note and hold it well. So awesome. The rest of it is also great. It's the longest song on the album and manages to grip the listener despite its length. Great stuff.
  8. "Sunwalter" - Couldn't have picked a better song for the title track. Some weird lyrics but the power and the majesty of the song makes up for it.
  9. "Battle For The Moon" - Cheesy title, but again... the song makes up for it. Wow.
  10. "Alien Opera" - I never thought I'd hear a love song between an alien and a human, let alone think it was great. But it is. Good god.
I went into this album thinking it'd be something fun, cheesy, not special, y'know. But god, they've officially blown me away. It's symphonic power metal with a lot of atmosphere, a great blending of clean female vocals and growling male ones, and their songs are constructed fantastically well. This could become a favorite with time. It's easily one of the best albums I've heard so far in this enterprise. They'd also probably kill in a Cheesevivor. Long story short... this was shockingly amazing.

Rating: 99%

Back