2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

Should be really interesting to see who wins this thing now. I think I'd like to see Croatia win, just for the novelty of it. But I think I lean towards France being more likely to win.

Pool update: we're down to two players left. Wiz has 69 points but can get no more. Which means that if either of the two conditions become true: England wins 3rd or France wins the World Cup, he loses and Perun is the 2018 Maidenfans World Cup Pool Champion (making him the most successful German at the World Cup this year). If neither condition comes true (that is to say, Belgium in 3rd and Croatia takes it home), Wiz will win.

No other player has sufficient points remaining to overtake Wiz at this stage, though final rankings will be determined by a few points left.

69 - Wiz (0 ppr)
63 - Perun (20 ppr)
62 - Shadow (0 ppr - eliminated)
58 - NP (0 ppr - eliminated)
56 - Flash (12 ppr - eliminated)
55 - LC (8 ppr - eliminated)
54 - Saap (eliminated)
40 - Foro (eliminated)

England wins 3rd or France wins the World Cup, he loses and Perun is the 2018 Maidenfans World Cup Pool Champion (making him the most successful German at the World Cup this year).

How? What? Why? o_O I don't mind France, but it would be cool if Croatia won. So I have to root for England. Which is cool too.

It appears that I'll take the 3rd spot if France wins, fine with that. Would have the bragging rights of having picked the right team for the title before the start of the tournament, too.

How? What? Why? o_O I don't mind France, but it would be cool if Croatia won. So I have to root for England. Which is cool too.
In your pool selections you picked England for 3rd and France for 1st, so yes. How ironic, the situation in whence you find yourself thrust.

There are Scotsmen and Englishmen on Croatian reddit threads fighting over historical issues and calling each other nationalist/imperialist pigs.
What a time to be alive.

Incidentally, I do hope England win tomorrow, because I really hate tall guys with funny hair.

I hate FIFA moneygrabbing leadership but it is what it is. Agreed with Lothar that this is the possibly the best mundial of my life yet, I can't say for sure because the USA 1994 was long time ago and I was very young.

I think that 2014 WC had a bigger number of exciting games, but also a bigger number of shit games. That one and this year's WC are the only ones where I watched almost every game, the other ones I couldn't watch as closely due to school / travel, so I can't compare.

I hate FIFA moneygrabbing leadership but it is what it is. Agreed with Lothar that this is the possibly the best mundial of my life yet, I can't say for sure because the USA 1994 was long time ago and I was very young.

Really? I think it's been a mediocre World Cup. It's only my fifth World Cup and I'd say 2002, 2006 and 2014 were better.

Back