2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

awXP0v4_460s.jpg

England couldn't finish their dinner. Couldn't hit a ban door. Couldn't hit water if they were in a boat. Couldn't score furniture.
Shocked at how bad Croatia were in the first half and also surprised at how much they dominated after the break. This was England's first real test and they failed. Still, didn't think they would get this far and for a long time they were one kick from a World Cup Final. They have to be happy, overall. They have played some attractive football and showed composure all over the pitch (which is unusual), so maybe they aren't too far away considering the achievements of the underage teams over the last year or so. But. But. If you can't score from open play, be that through not creating chances or fuckin them up, you can't expect to reach the heights.
Third place play-off is a total nightmare for a player but maybe at the end of your career you will look back fondly on a bronze medal but it must be a horrendous pitch to walk out on to.
For the first time in a long time, I think England fans can be positive about the future. They are in a much better position than they have been in quite a while. Certainly in a better position than Ireland #bringbackzinedinekilbane
And Kane was pish.

Croatia killed them in midfield. England just doesn't have anyone who can receive the ball from the central defender, turn around and send a proper pass forward. Henderson and Dier just pass it backwards and sideways. Maaaaaaybe Jack Wheelchair can do that, but then the whole setup would've had to be changed to accomodate him.

France has Pogba, Croatia has Modric, Belgium has De Bruyne etc. In EPL, that's players like Fabregas, David Silva, Eriksen. From what I've seen maybe Harry Winks can fill that void for England if he develops well in the future.

I think it was brave that Southgate went with Alli-Henderson-Lingard since it at least gave the team some creativity and speed. He did the best with what he had. Big Sam probably would've gone with Livermore-Dier-Henderson and Rooney and Kane up front, with Vardy and Andy Carroll coming off from the bench.

Back