2017 Tour Announcement on Friday!

I'm so glad for everyone who will be able to see Maiden next year! It's great that they're finally doing a decent UK tour.
I want to see a new album with a new theme.

A Chapter II ep of leftover material could be neat.
If they have any leftover material.

I wouldn't be surprised if they played outdoor festival indeed, but I want to see them indoor. I'm fed up with festivals. I first thought I would go to London, but my two-days there for the 2015 British Lion gig just remained me how terribly expensive this town is. So, I'm planning to go to Dublin and just return immediately after the gig. Could someone answer a stupid question? Could those gigs be entirely sold out just with the presales?
And (going to) Dublin is not expensive? Way more expensive than other UK and mainland Europe gigs I bet.

Actually, it is not. I live in western France, Britanny, and Ireland is not an expensive trip. I also could use a ferryboat.
Saving a couple of hotel nights and staying away of the many temptations of London is quite good for my wallet.

I see there's a straight connection from Cherbourg-Octeville to Dublin. Is that the one?

Saving hotel nights in any city is good for the wallet. ;)

Cherbourg-Dublin is a possibility, but there is also a Roscoff-Cork. In any case I would have to do a 3 hours trip by the road.
This gig is on saturday. No need to take a day-off at work. I love the simple idea to see them in a new town and a new venue.
Anyway, I've got two days to make up my mind. I had really taken for granted the Bercy gigs and I feel a little puzzled.

No, but in France: I live in Brest. The other option is a Brest-Paris-Dublin by the air. Approx. 250 euros for a return ticket.

4 hours I'm afraid.

I'm not sure what to do yet. I'd like to do Antwerp for sure and I'm still orientating on a 2nd option.

I decided that I'll probably abandon the London plan and go to Frankfurt, because of cheaper tickets, hostels anda better date (not just before UNI exams).

How much for EU tickets? Could only find secondary sites, 140eu for some tickets. Dublin is like 73-76 euros. 10 more than UK gigs but I suppose theres the cost of crossin the narrow sea there. And Scotland is a 5er cheaper than England, so I'll save a 10er on my Scottish Odyssey, yeeoooo!

I'm thinking about going to the Glasgow show as I haven't been to the new venue yet. However, I'm a bit concerned about how the crowd may react to certain songs given the recent political climate in Scotland. Any thoughts on the chances of a repeat of Dublin 2003 Cried?
I don't have any thoughts, no...

I don't know what precisely prompted it in Glasgow in 2011, but Brucie was giving one of his little speeches before Coming Home (blabbing about how they had toured all over the world, etc) when the crowd started to get a little restless. Suddenly a small section broke out into a loud impromptu rendition of Flower of Scotland, and before long the entire crowd was bellowing at Bruce totally drowning him out to the point where he had to stop talking. It was a little charged feeling; a sort of polite, shut-up, stop talking --& play! He took it in fairly good humour.

Let Italy boast of her gay gilded waters, her vines and her bowers and her soft sunny skies...

Back