2017 Tour Announcement on Friday!

There are rumors that they wrote stuff, but I doubt anything actually got recorded.

US tour isn't definite, but these being the only European dates leaves room for a shed tour.

It'll be interesting to see how much of the setlist gets tweaked. Replacing a classic with another one wouldn't be surprising, but subbing a new song for another definitely would. I can't recall if Maiden ever debuted a song after the initial leg of a tour.

They played the songs hidden in the spoiler tag below in the teaser for the 2017 tour. I would assume they are in the setlist, while others may be at risk of replacement.
Speed of Light, Fear of the Dark, The Trooper, Death or Glory, Powerslave, Blood Brothers, If Eternity Should Fail, The Number of the Beast, Book of Souls, Hallowed Be Thy Name

I think we could safely assume Iron Maiden is in as well. That's 11 of the 15 played on the 2016 leg.

Will Children, Tears, Wasted, and The Red and the Black be swapped out?

Can't see them dropping the Harris epic, others are possible. Tears was awesome live but it'd be cool to hear it swapped out for The Great Unknown or something else.

I didn't lose my faith just yet. They haven't announced any US cities and it's obvious they'll play in North America. So, there are more cities for them to announce (probably in January) and there's the small, tiny, little chance they'll go down to a couple of shows in Latin America
Unlikely, but fingers crossed...

I do hope the UK fans enjoy this tour. They've been screaming for it for ages it feels like. And now after who knows how long Maiden finally listens and gives them a home turf arena tour :yes:

Does anyone know what the hell happened with the other rumoured gigs ? They were meant to play Paris (according to rumours disclosed here, but also on the french press).

Does anyone know what the hell happened with the other rumoured gigs ? They were meant to play Paris (according to rumours disclosed here, but also on the french press).

This is puzzling a couple of us. The rumours sounded very convincing. The press release hasn't completely ruled out festivals in Europe, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they played outdoor festival indeed, but I want to see them indoor. I'm fed up with festivals. I first thought I would go to London, but my two-days there for the 2015 British Lion gig just remained me how terribly expensive this town is. So, I'm planning to go to Dublin and just return immediately after the gig. Could someone answer a stupid question? Could those gigs be entirely sold out just with the presales?

LATAM always is such a huge market for Maiden, though -- if they come to North America again maybe they'd also go back and hit countries in South America they've played in years past but didn't this year like Peru, Colombia or Ecuador.
And some cities in Brazil they didn't visit this year :D ... They could end the tour here in Latin America with a few shows at the end of July and beginning of august. That would be awesome...

I wouldn't be surprised if they played outdoor festival indeed, but I want to see them indoor. I'm fed up with festivals. I first thought I would go to London, but my two-days there for the 2015 British Lion gig just remained me how terribly expensive this town is. So, I'm planning to go to Dublin and just return immediately after the gig. Could someone answer a stupid question? Could those gigs be entirely sold out just with the presales?

There's a risk of that at some venues, I think. It's been a few years since Maiden did a proper arena tour in the UK. And I don't think Dublin is very cheap.

Thanks for answering. Well, for Dublin, the town does not attract me that much. When you go to London, there is so much to be seen. Last year, I spent two whole days in the British museum, and would have loved to have two more days. That means hotel nights, food and so on... This time, I'm going to Dublin just to see a Maiden gig, save an hotel night by "sleeping" at the airport and turn home happy.

Back