2017 Tour Announcement on Friday!

Black Wizard

Pleb Hunter
http://ironmaiden.com/news/article/...ticket-piracy-profiteering-and-counterfeiting

We have been working with our UK promoter Live Nation and Ticketmaster to ensure that we can operate a Paperless ticketing system, in full or in part, at all the UK venues we’ll play in 2017. We are also instigating a number of additional measures which we believe will directly help our fans to access tickets in the fairest, safest way and at the intended price.”

The actions being put in place for 2017 are:

• Ensuring that every venue will operate Paperless ticketing, either 100% or partial.
  • Working in co-operation with Live Nation and Ticketmaster, Paperless ticketing means that the original cardholder is required to present their debit or credit card and photographic ID at the point of entry with their guest(s).
  • Setting Conditions of Purchase so that tickets are not for resale.
  • Ensuring to the best of our abilities, in conjunction with Live Nation and Ticketmaster, that secondary ticketing sites are prevented from listing our shows and to invalidate tickets should any appear on these secondary sites.
  • Setting a maximum limit of 4 (four) tickets per person per show.
  • To use Purchaser Names on tickets where they are not paperless and to require the cardholder to be present at the show, with picture ID.
  • A dedicated team to monitor ticket sales in real-time throughout the exclusive Iron Maiden Fan Club pre-sale , any other presales and the general public on sale to ensure that ticket limits are being imposed and all suspicious activity is reported and investigated.
  • A dedicated customer support team on hand to deal with any issues from fans with legitimate problems.
  • Being aware of criminals and their methods to infiltrate our best practices and having the conviction to retrospectively cancel their inventory. This is especially in respect of automated bots and multiple card efforts which are used to garner large numbers of tickets at the onsale to the detriment of the fans.
  • Reinforcing the message that if you buy a ticket from an unauthorised source, it will be either invalid or counterfeit. Do not become a victim.
IRON MAIDEN has long been active in combatting the abuse of secondary ticketing websites; specifically the individuals and businesses who use digital platforms to immediately snap up and re-sell tickets at vastly inflated prices, denying the genuine fan a fair chance to purchase at face-value. The band supports The Fanfair Alliance which unites music businesses, artists and fans against ticket touting and profiteering in the online secondary market.

Nigel Adams MP, Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Music and Member of Parliament for Selby and Ainsty adds,

"I'm pleased that Iron Maiden are taking a principled position and standing up for music fans. I'd like to think the whole industry can learn from this initiative and use technology to put a stop to the industrial level of touting that has been a blight on the live music industry for so long."

:down: to paperless tickets but :edmetal: to tour announcement!

I am not a big fan of paperless tickets, but if it helps to fight ticket piracy profiteering, then so be it!

Why do people dislike paperless tickets so much? I did used them for both Maiden shows this year and it worked really well.

I still got physical tickets at the venue after they scanned.

Four points I strongly disagree with:
1. Presenting your credit/debit card at the gig. I usually don't take that with me, as it might get lost/stolen.
2. Banning resale of tickets. What if I can't make it to the gig?
3. The tour announcement doesn't sound like anything Rod would actually say. Too few "bugger" and "bloody".
4. Where the hell is the Book of Souls Tour thread?

I still got physical tickets at the venue after they scanned.
That's not paperless then.
Three points I strongly disagree with:
1. Presenting your credit/debit card at the gig. I usually don't take that with me, as it might get lost/stolen.
2. Banning resale of tickets. What if I can't make it to the gig?
3. The tour announcement doesn't sound like anything Rod would actually say. Too few "bugger" and "bloody".
Agree, agree, agree. Ariana > Iron Maiden.

OK, I just read the FAQ and I guess this is different than what I was thinking of. At the shows I went to the tickets were on a cellphone app that got scanned when coming in. I think that's a much better system than having to bring a credit card.

Doesn't say anything beyond "we'll sort it out". Does that sound like you'll be able to get a refund or give the tickets at face-value to someone else, even a friend? Don't think so.

Because... they like paper. And therefore like paper tickets. Physical memento.
Nope.

Because shit like Ft. Lauderdale 2016 happens, where the whole system goes down and everyone gets an "I'm sorry sir, your credit card is invalid" and then the Trooper VIP people get let into the arena before all us FTTB folks (who have been camped out since 10am) are inside.

That's why.

I have seen Maiden in the New York City area four times since the supposed ticket-less program has been in place. In all four instances I got in using paper tickets. On two of those occassions I bought tickets off a third party site. What they put in a press release is often far from reality.

Why do people dislike paperless tickets so much?
For this reason:

wp_20160921_18_25_45_pro.jpg

We can't do that with paperless tickets. I understand that it prevents ticket touts and is good for the environment but I like to keep the tickets. It would be nice if we got some sort of ticket-like souvenir with this system rather than just have the boring order confirmation. We do pay more than enough for a ticket after all...

Yea, I didn't realize that. Like I said at the US shows they give you a physical stub after scanning the QR code on the phone, not sure why they can't do that with the credit card system.

Personally, I think paperless tickets are superior. I fucking despise scalpers.

Back