18th Studio Album discussion

One crazy idea. Maiden head to the studio with several years worth of ideas from Steve, Adrian, Janick and Bruce.

They record around 120+ minutes of new material... and then drip-feed release it in three parts of around 40 minutes each (like the old days, build around one epic per release). And BANG - we get albums 18, 19 and 20 released steadily as and after they retire!

Much of it never to be toured, of course.

Anyway, I liked my comment I made to Bruce when I spoke to him March 6 this year. I shared my I idea with him he could nicely wrap his new album in some paper as a present for Steve the following week for Steve's birthday. However, Bruce replied that Steve already got the album.

I hope you didn't then ask him: "Does Steve also think it's shit?"

I hope you didn't then ask him: "Does Steve also think it's shit?"
No, because I hadn't heard the album when Bruno & I had the chance speaking to each other. Gave it a first spin two days later only as it arrived late from Amazon. A shame only that AGAIN I was too coward introducing me myself as Dick Brucinson to him. The TRUE Dick Brucinson. The legendary original. Next time perhaps.

Btw, do you really think it's shit? Wouldn't go that far. For me, Senjutsu is a worse Maiden album than Mandrake bad Bruno stuff is.

We need a bit more nuance:

Senjutsu might not be as good as the first three reunion albums, but it's still better than the other 2.

TMP on the other hand is bottom-tier Bruce and I'm still not sure if it's my least favorite or if Tattooed Millionaire is worse.

For me it is the other way round. Senjutsu might be the weakest post-reunion Maiden album, but is pure gold compared to The Mandrake Project.
Something like this, obviously. For me Senjutsu is not only their worst post-reunion album, but the worst Maiden album with Bruce at all. And Mandrake to me is the least impressive Bruce solo album. So THAT stir is the point that made me think. The present albums, both Maiden and Bruce solo, are each their weakest.

Last edited:
We need a bit more nuance:

Senjutsu might not be as good as the first three reunion albums, but it's still better than the other 2.

TMP on the other hand is bottom-tier Bruce and I'm still not sure if it's my least favorite or if Tattooed Millionaire is worse.
I myself try to see Tattooed Millionaire as an EP (and sort of a strategy factor in terms of a door-opener) and skip all of its crap, so there's 5 tracks remaining and them ones are great. That way Tattooed Millionaire works fine for me.

I enjoy Senjutsu, it has it's flaws of course and needs a bit of tightening up, but there's only 2 songs that I consistently skip (Senjutsu and Darkest Hour)

Mandrake on the other hand feels like an album of demo's. I've listened through it a couple of times but don't have much urge to revisit it.

One crazy idea. Maiden head to the studio with several years worth of ideas from Steve, Adrian, Janick and Bruce.

They record around 120+ minutes of new material... and then drip-feed release it in three parts of around 40 minutes each (like the old days, build around one epic per release). And BANG - we get albums 18, 19 and 20 released steadily as and after they retire!

Much of it never to be toured, of course.
That's actually quite a good idea, especially from the standpoint of keeping releases coming (outside of shelved live albums which, at this point, who knows when/if they'll actually come out) and keeping revenue coming into retirement. New artwork for the albums and new Eddies means new merch, so splitting a solid chunk of songs into multiple releases is a great idea.

Back